PS: would a M16 A2 more appropriate for that itme ? be

msgt norway

would a M16 A2 more appropriate for that itme ? be

probobly rigth about that but i dont have other

guns yet.

getting a few from the usa soon :thumbsup:

cheers ken and thank you for feedback

hawkdriver

If you want a more Ranger look, take the metal buckles off your suspenders and use 550 cord to tie into the belt through the suspenders and back to the belt, making a Y. That was a very common thing to do to keep the clanking and tinking down.

Quite honestly, I mever spent any time at all with the Rangers in SWA but did spend a lot of time with the SF. One thing that I would question about your impression is WHERE IS YOUR PROTECTIVE MASK?!?!?!? I would have to assume that if you were carrying that big rucksack, that you'ld have your mask straped to your hip.

Hawkdriver made another good point- most anything metal that you can see will rattle or clank when it hits something. It is very common to see the metal replaced with 100 mph tape. This includes the metal on the rifle sling.

You are making good efforts!

Allan

There are no 6 color "issue" BDU caps...

I think that i read about it but wasn't sure, thank you :)

What about marine 6 color covers? Are they non-issue??

After Regiment was formed in '84 the jump wings were no longer worn on the PC. Correct would be Ranger Tab with rank insignia below. 2nd Batt used to wear jump wings that way but after regiment was formed, PC's were standardized to 1st Batt's SOP.

Take some slack out of your suspenders so that the "meat hooks" on the back are above the kidney pad. And then tape the caps up on your canteens and then tie everything down with 550 cord. The tie down SOP is a little long for me to describe here, but you could probably find it online. Also remove your 1st aid pouch from your firing shoulder. The SOP used to be 2 field dressing and a small signal mirror in the pouch (tight fit), worn to the left of your pistol belt buckle and compass pouch on the right. The 2qt on the top of the ruck is a no-go. It goes on the lower left. E-Tool on the lower right and then its all connected using the strap from the 2qt. Gotta move the knife too- you cant jump it like that. Back then the Regimental SOP (RSOP) was pretty strict.

pwmiraldi67
Take some slack out of your suspenders so that the "meat hooks" on the back are above the kidney pad. And then tape the caps up on your canteens and then tie everything down with 550 cord. The tie down SOP is a little long for me to describe here, but you could probably find it online. Also remove your 1st aid pouch from your firing shoulder. The SOP used to be 2 field dressing and a small signal mirror in the pouch (tight fit), worn to the left of your pistol belt buckle and compass pouch on the right. The 2qt on the top of the ruck is a no-go. It goes on the lower left. E-Tool on the lower right and then its all connected using the strap from the 2qt. Gotta move the knife too- you cant jump it like that. Back then the Regimental SOP (RSOP) was pretty strict.

Well said!!

I know exactly what you mean about the dummy cord looped through his LBE!! we had a guy in our platoon, who was a Ranger; SFC Minor Swackhammer, who had us doing it SOP, man!!! only difference was the E-tool for us was moved to our pistol belt, and no mirror. also had to make sure the 2 qt had the neck facing backward not toward the front!!

oh yea and coulndt wear our LBE unsnapped unless we had been to RANGER school, does RIP count??? LOL!!!

paul

• 1 month later...
ABNRANGER1-75
from today,since its not green at my place yet but sand like colors outside

i found out that was idael for desert gear :thumbsup:

DSCN3363.jpg

DSCN3364.jpg

DSCN3366.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

DSCN3370.jpg

cheers ken,norway

My two cents would be to ditch the hat and invest in the boonie hat. When Bravo Company, 1st Ranger Bn deployed during Desert Storm the company wore the new dcu's not 6-color dcu's. However, buy the boonie and go with it. I agree with the other Ranger about loosening the straps on your LBE; don't cut the metal hooks (Regiment banned that practice in the early 1990's).

One more note; i'm glad to see you did not add insignia to the uniform (Rangers have never worn tabs/scrolls on DCU's).

RLTW!