M37 Enlisted Collar w/Large H&H Mark

Brig

this brought over $60 on eBay, unusually large hallmarked emblem. notice the position of the stabilizing pin

_BsVi_D_EWk___KGrHqEH_CkEvDfY_uemBL3cvhovO____3.jpg

_BsVjTdgBmk___KGrHqMH_DUEvHt_ju7jBL3cwSMF2g___3.jpg

this brought over $60 on eBay, unusually large hallmarked emblem. notice the position of the stabilizing pin

Brig,

From the pics it looks like lead solder on the pin and the threaded rod and it looks like another type of solder residue (pinkish in color) on the anchor and near the bottom the hallmark is it possible the this and had a hardware change? Maybe it's just the pic?

Brig,

From the pics it looks like lead solder on the pin and the threaded rod and it looks like another type of solder residue (pinkish in color) on the anchor and near the bottom the hallmark is it possible the this and had a hardware change? Maybe it's just the pic?

Brig,

Here is an example of a repair I did on an EGA with a broken threaded pin, notice the pinkish color where I left the flux on the pin so the bronze antique technique would not stick. By the way the hole pin turns pink and gold when you heat it up to temperature so the silver solder will flow properly. After adhering the threaded rod to the pin if you let it cool it will remain pink but if you quench it in clean motor oil you get the bronze patina on the pin.

post-22-0-54815200-1400247155.jpg

post-22-0-63833500-1400247157.jpg

I believe the H&H collar is original solder and such, not that uncommon to see the seepage. no, I did not pick this one up

I believe the H&H collar is original solder and such, not that uncommon to see the seepage. no, I did not pick this one up

Cool, learn something new everyday.