Paramarine PhM 3/c Cyrille O. Faure

VE45

Brian Dentino

Ummmmmm Jay.......uh...........................well....................... :drool2: Almost shorted out the computer there! All I can say is that you have, in your hands, one of the nices sets of ID'd Para-Marine cammies I have ever seen in my life! Wow.....wow, and wow. Those are some special items you have and again, since they are from a family member it makes them priceless. Congrats on the gift. I am sure that you will cherish them and treasure these forever! One final statement......wow................

I am sure that you know what you have on your hands, but just know that what you showed will blow even many of the "advanced" collectors out of the water. This stuff is all most mint, and just vibrant in it's color. Beautiful, and thanks for showing it to all of us "wannabe" cammo HBT collectors! :unsure:

I was just taking my time, enjoying all the postings here and thinking what to write in response, and Brian stole the words right out of my mouth! ANY uniforms of family members should be considered priceless, but to have a collection from one of the most desirable and collectible units, and a Corpsman, to boot???? UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!

Jay, thanks for sharing the group, checking out your pics has been the highlight of my morning!

Semper,

Ski

Thank you Brian and Ski for your replys. You're right, they are priceless to me. My Uncle's Paramarine belongings are among my most prized possessions. I've been talking to my cousins who have his Crackerjacks that you see in the studio portrait, his medals and some photos. My hope is that they will let me have these to put with the rest of the group so they can be together. I will update this thread if and when I get these. Regards, Jay

Jay Freaking amazing grouping. I hope you are able to reunite the rest of the group.I can't wait to see more of one of the top paramarine groupings I have ever seen. Bravo! Mark

Kurt Barickman

I just can't stop looking at this thread. This group has it all according to my historical/collecting interests; WWII USMC, Paramarine, Corpsman, documentation, blooded Paramarine patch, camouflage gear. It is so difficult to find USN Corpsman items documented to one who was attached to the Marines in the field much less a Paramarine! Although this isn't a Tarawa group which is my number one collecting interest, it is absolutely rare and fantastic :thumbsup: Can't say enough positive about this group although as you can tell I am very envious which doesn't happen too much anymore. Congrats again on having and sharing this extremely rare and desirable grouping.

Kurt Barickman

'Flage Guy

:blink::blink:

I just took a peek at this thread this morning...

I don't know what to say, except just- WOW...

VE45, you need to record on paper every piece of info pertaining to this unbelievable grouping, and keep the whole thing under full 24-hour guard.

And, thanks for sharing this with us! :w00t: :w00t:

I was visiting my Dad today and I showed him the thread I started along with all the great comments from everyone. My Dad served 23 years in the Navy and retired with the rank of Commander. He liked the thread very much but pointed out a mistake that I made. He saw that I listed my Uncle's rate as PhM 3/c when it should have been PhM 1/c. My apologies to my Uncle and to all Navy men and women that I may have offended by my mistake.

Thanks again and regards, Jay

I'm not a religious man so forgive me for this but god bless your uncle and your father or there service and you for taking care of the legacy. Well done sir well done!

I was visiting my Dad today and I showed him the thread I started along with all the great comments from everyone. My Dad served 23 years in the Navy and retired with the rank of Commander. He liked the thread very much but pointed out a mistake that I made. He saw that I listed my Uncle's rate as PhM 3/c when it should have been PhM 1/c. My apologies to my Uncle and to all Navy men and women that I may have offended by my mistake.

Thanks again and regards, Jay

Jay,

I betcha most of us who read your post know that the rating was PhM 1/c, but we were so blown away by the grouping that we totally missed your mistake!

• 2 years later...
Kurt Barickman

This is such an amazing group! Can't stop looking at it. Thought I would bring this one back to the top for those that missed it a couple of years back.

Kurt

manayunkman

Thanks Kurt,

This is an amazing group. Navy, Marines and Airborne all rolled into one.

The most incredible stuff appears on this forum.

History Man

This is a top notch paramarine group! That paramarine set and those 2 dress uniforms are great.

Philip :thumbsup:

Thank you VE45 for sharing this, and Kurt for bumping it back up! VE, great job of keeping your families military history safe and protected, myself and a lot of others never got the opportunity, but fate put those items in your hands for a reason. Thanks again.

This is really an amazing group! It would be interesting to see how many corpsmans served with the paramarines. Thanks for sharing!

Hello all. Thanks for all the kind replies. I'm glad to read my uncles grouping was so well received by everyone. I haven't been on the site in awhile and I was very pleased to see how many views the post had. I feel very lucky and also honored that I was the one entrusted with this grouping. My uncle was one of my role models as I was growing up and I think about him often. He rarely talked about the war but was very proud of his service and even prouder of being a Paramarine. Thank you again and regards, Jay

blitzkrieg gsd

Very nice Jay I'm a para marine nut myself so this was a big treat for me. Thanks Kurt for putting this back up because I missed it first time around.

USMC-RECON0321

Jay,

Would it be possible to get some pictures of your uncles Navy jumper with the parachute patch on the sleeve you can see in his picture at the start of this thread? That is also a rare sight to drool over :drool2:

Troy

Hi Troy, unfortunately I don't have the jumper. I wish I did. I went to visit my parents today and my Dad gave me a few special items that he found to add to my uncle's things. The photos are of my uncle on leave at home. The first photo is of my uncle in his greens in front of an unknown house in our town and the second photo is at the family ranch with my dad, Joe (Joey in the V-Mail) and his younger brother Jean (Jean is also mentioned in the V-Mail). These are the only photos I know of showing my uncle wearing the Rigger Wings. Regards, Jay

post-11865-1342930574.jpg