Paramarine PhM 3/c Cyrille O. Faure

VE45

When my Uncle Cyrille O. Faure passed away my Cousins intrusted me with his Paramarine belongings. He entered the Navy shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Cyrille wanted to be a Marine but he joined the Navy because he didn't want to worry my Grandmother who felt it would be safer. He became a Pharmacist Mate and was quickly assigned to the Marines (He is smiling in his Marine photo). He fought on Bougainville and I was told Tarawa and Okinawa. He was assigned to the 1st Marine Parachute Regiment and completed jump training at Camp Kiser, Tontouta, New Caledonia on May 15, 1943. He was always proud to have been a Paramarine but never talked about his experiences during the war. I have been trying to do research with little results. A fellow Paramarine collector, Leif, helped me and found the document posted which was for Bronze Stars to be awarded (Thanks Leif). I was told that he was also awarded the Silver Star and two Purple Hearts which are in my Cousin's possession. The V-Mail is to my Grandparents, Joe and Rose Faure and one to my Father, Joe Faure Jr., who was eight years old at the time. My Uncle survived the war, got married, raised a family and became a successful cattle rancher. I always looked up to him and he will always be remembered by many. Jay Faure

post-11865-1273982458.jpg

Thanks for the nice replys. This is my first posting on this site as I just became a member. Please bear with me I have more close-up photos to post but I'm slow. Regards, Jay

post-11865-1273984880.jpg

Saskatoon Light Infantry
When my Uncle Cyrille O. Faure passed away my Cousins intrusted me with his Paramarine belongings. He entered the Navy shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Cyrille wanted to be a Marine but he joined the Navy because he didn't want to worry my Grandmother who felt it would be safer. He became a Pharmacist Mate and was quickly assigned to the Marines (He is smiling in his Marine photo). He fought on Bougainville and I was told Tarawa and Okinawa. He was assigned to the 1st Marine Parachute Regiment and completed jump training at Camp Kiser, Tontouta, New Caledonia on May 15, 1943. He was always proud to have been a Paramarine but never talked about his experiences during the war. I have been trying to do research with little results. A fellow Paramarine collector, Leif, helped me and found the document posted which was for Bronze Stars to be awarded (Thanks Leif). I was told that he was also awarded the Silver Star and two Purple Hearts which are in my Cousin's possession. The V-Mail is to my Grandparents, Joe and Rose Faure and one to my Father, Joe Faure Jr., who was eight years old at the time. My Uncle survived the war, got married, raised a family and became a successful cattle rancher. I always looked up to him and he will always be remembered by many. Jay Faure

Outstanding Para Marine grouping! ! ! Thanks for sharing it with us Jay! I particularly like the studio portraits! ! ! :thumbsup: