WW2 PH and BS group-questions

ww1collector

ww1collector

I have this PH BS pair with American Legion Gold Star Citation to Robert Kain-see pics--I think

the BS is officially engraved-not so sure about the PH. The Legion post 565 is in Pittsburgh

where this guy is from-- the post is still there. As far as I can determine, he shows up as a

KIA private S/N33668500. The nara site shows Robert E. Kain born 1923 enlisted 3/19/1943.

Question-is the PH right or privately engraved?. Also found another Robert Kain who was a

POW but repatriated-do not think it is the same guy.? Dave

post-6147-1273955649.jpgpost-6147-1273955660.jpgpost-6147-1273955669.jpg

post-6147-1273955682.jpgpost-6147-1273955693.jpgpost-6147-1273955738.jpg

I have this PH BS pair with American Legion Gold Star Citation to Robert Kain-see pics--I think

the BS is officially engraved-not so sure about the PH. The Legion post 565 is in Pittsburgh

where this guy is from-- the post is still there. As far as I can determine, he shows up as a

KIA private S/N33668500. The nara site shows Robert E. Kain born 1923 enlisted 3/19/1943.

Question-is the PH right or privately engraved?. Also found another Robert Kain who was a

POW but repatriated-do not think it is the same guy.? Dave

post-6147-1273955649.jpgpost-6147-1273955660.jpgpost-6147-1273955669.jpg

post-6147-1273955682.jpgpost-6147-1273955693.jpgpost-6147-1273955738.jpg

ck with mbr. Tom Lane, he has great website on named purple hearts

Jack's Son

Dave,

The Purple Heart appears to be privately engraved to me.

The Bronze Star may be a replacement.

My ....... .02

Frank_Smith

Dave - I think they are both bad. The style on both the BS and the PH match what bobvn3 was pumping out a couple of years ago. I've seen a number examples. The fact that there is something original also goes along with what he was doing. Frank

DwightPruitt
Dave - I think they are both bad. The style on both the BS and the PH match what bobvn3 was pumping out a couple of years ago. I've seen a number examples. The fact that there is something original also goes along with what he was doing. Frank

Yep, looks like two medals were "named" recently to match up with some original paperwork

+1

Definitely looks like a bobvn3 creation.

ww1collector

I bought them quite a few years ago before I was savvy on engraving style-thanks for the confirmation, Dave

Live and Learn, Dave! It's happened to all of us at one time or another. :dunno:

Bobgee

vicjoy1945

Yaarp...that there sure looks like a BobVn special !

In fact, I remember that name...Kain...I believe I have the posthumous Purple Heart for the other Kain that you have listed in my collection if memory serves me right. I think he was a 116th I.R. 29er who was KIA in action on July 6th 1944 in Normandy.

This might actually be a Gold Star document to his mother !?!

Vic

• 9 years later...
crotalus358

Although an old thread, the paperwork including the purple heart certificate and presidential accolade for the Kain posthumous medal group just showed up on another site. I've sent a PM to Vicjoy1945 to give him the heads-up on reuniting this, but saw that he hasn't been online here since July 21 - if anyone has a way of getting a hold of him, please pass the word. Would be nice to bring it all back together.

Steve

Nice looking out

Although an old thread, the paperwork including the purple heart certificate and presidential accolade for the Kain posthumous medal group just showed up on another site. I've sent a PM to Vicjoy1945 to give him the heads-up on reuniting this, but saw that he hasn't been online here since July 21 - if anyone has a way of getting a hold of him, please pass the word. Would be nice to bring it all back together.

Steve

IKEsaysGO44

Steve,

Please let me know if you connect with vicjoy1945. The Purple Heart Certificate and Accolade are mine and for sale on my page. I would love to reunite the paperwork with the medal.

Thanks

Andy

If anyone would like to see the documents, they are posted here to my page:

www.facebook.com/EuropeanAdvance

Frank_Smith

I have the American Legion Gold Star Citation document to Kain that is pictured above. I don't have the medals or anything else.

crotalus358

Steve,

Please let me know if you connect with vicjoy1945. The Purple Heart Certificate and Accolade are mine and for sale on my page. I would love to reunite the paperwork with the medal.

Thanks

Andy

If anyone would like to see the documents, they are posted here to my page:

www.facebook.com/EuropeanAdvance

Andy,

Thanks for chiming in - Robert sent your posting to me due to the Western PA connection. To date, I haven't gotten a response to my PM to Vicjoy1945, and his profile shows that he hasn't been online here since July 21. It'd be great to get these back together with the medal!!

I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him.

Steve

• 5 months later...

Happy to report that, thanks to Vic (Vicjoy45), Frank (Frank_Smith), and Andy (IKEsaysGO44), Kain's purple heart, purple heart certificate, presidential accolade, and gold star certificate have been successfully reunited. I am humbled to be the caretaker of this poignant, local group!

A big thank you to the above members who helped make this reunion possible!

StevePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk