A bone handled beauty !

kfields

I stopped by the spring antique show on the way home after work and found this beauty in a guys case. I've been looking for a bone handled one (I have one of those black painted metal handled ones marked PRESTO) and feel fortunate to find this one at a reasonable price.

The fellow said it came from the estate of a WWII 101 paratrooper and he had already sold the guys uniform jacket by the time I got there. The blade on this one is marked with the Schrade Cut.Co. on one side and patent dates on the other. Although not mint, the blade mechanism works fine and there are no chips or defects to the grips and the blade is full length.

Thanks for looking!

Kim

post-60-1273929020.jpg

Kim

Very nice find! Congrats and thank you for posting your latest find. Still looking to find my first one. :thumbsup:

Tony

Thanks Tony.

I got to talking to the seller a little bit and he told me how he had already sold a ton of stuff (including the 101 jacket). I guess I need to retire so I can beat out some of the other pickers who get there ahead of me!

I guess I shouldn't complain because I did purchase several neat things from him.

Kim

Thanks guys! I took a real liking to these automatics for some reason. It's a niche area of collecting but it appeals to me.

Kim