Help with Camo HBT coveralls please

HoovieDude

HoovieDude

Hi guys. I could use the experience and knowledge from those of you who have it, if you would please. Was this a good score? A legit piece?

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

Garandomatic

With suspenders, heck yeah! Mine has 13 star buttons on it, but it certainly looks legit. Pretty rare uniform.

I was watching these, and if I didn't already have two I would have bid on them. They look good to me and the small repair adds to the cool factor in my opinion. Well done!

HoovieDude

I have wanted a good set, or set, period, for that matter, for a long long time. I was stoked when I got this, even though there was some trepidation. Glad I took the chance. So thanks for your input gents :thumbsup:

I did notice these stamps late last night, after I had posted this. As you can see, they are under the lapel and hidden from the cursory peek.

DSC00989.jpg

I have wanted a good set, or set, period, for that matter, for a long long time. I was stoked when I got this, even though there was some trepidation. Glad I took the chance. So thanks for your input gents :thumbsup:

I did notice these stamps late last night, after I had posted this. As you can see, they are under the lapel and hidden from the cursory peek.

DSC00989.jpg

Check around the arm pits as well there are sometimes stamps there too. congrats!

HoovieDude
Check around the arm pits as well there are sometimes stamps there too. congrats!

Nothing there, save for a very tiny rust spot. I will keep that in mind for any future sets I may get lucky enough to have. Thanks!

WOW! Those are super-nice, and the COLOR?!?! GREAT score, congrats. To me, the laundry number just supports the stamp in the back of the neck. Have you had a chance to do any research on the owner?

Steve

HoovieDude

Steve, thanks! And unfortunately, I have not. Have never done it, so not sure where to start.

'Flage Guy

The slide buckles show this to be a later production Jungle Suit, as the first-run ones had flimsy crimp-style ones which proved inadequate (heck, most of the guys ended up slashing the whole thing out anyway :blink: ).

Those are really in nice shape for having been issued- and it's not often you get something with both a name-and-hometown stamp and the guy's property number to boot. The majority of used H.B.T. camo suits are pretty well bleached/patched out (and the coveralls nearly always minus suspenders), but this one is a beaut!

For actual historical value and condition, you couldn't do much better than that!

DwightPruitt

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 32585207 32585207

NAME KOZICKI#EDWARD#M######## KOZICKI#EDWARD#M########

RESIDENCE: STATE 23 NEW YORK

RESIDENCE: COUNTY 055 MONROE

PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 2378 ROCHESTER NEW YORK

DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 08 08

DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 12 12

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 42 42

GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private

GRADE: CODE 8 Private

BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION BI# Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

BRANCH: CODE 00 Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

FIELD USE AS DESIRED # #

TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law

LONGEVITY ### ###

SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life

NATIVITY 23 NEW YORK

YEAR OF BIRTH 22 22

RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen

EDUCATION 8 4 years of college

CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 678 Semiskilled machine shop and related occupations, n.e.c.

MARITAL STATUS 6 Single, without dependents

COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)

CARD NUMBER # #

BOX NUMBER 0535 0535

FILM REEL NUMBER 2.199 2.199

< Previous Record | Next Record >

* Archives.gov Home

* Contact Us

* Privacy Policy

* Accessibility

* Freedom of Information Act

HoovieDude

Good to hear more confirmation :thumbsup: Appreciate the time to comment guys, and Dwight, I really thank you for that info!!!!

37th, unfortunately, no tag left. But, I suppose I shouldn't be that upset, considering the condition overall.

HoovieDude
"OVERALL" condition? No pun intended? :laughing1:

Bada ching. Thanks folks, I'll be here all night ;)