US Special Forces Group Insignia(post 1975)

phillock

Kia ora forum members

Have just received my copy from Harry Pugh,Gary Perkowski,Len Whistler. Consists of 800 patches in color,150 pages softcover. The main thrust of the book is to ID the insignia used and worn. The patches are arranged per SF group. Each insignia consists of several lines i.e. unit/team,date issued and special notes where applicable i.e. Desert storm,jacket patch, manufacture variation,parachute club etc.. It is important to note the patches depicted are official unofficial patches and not fantasy/fake. Whilst my interest lay with WWII SSI, this is a welcome addition to my library as i had previously collected SF patches in the early to mid 90's and was able to ID patches that i had. Also i was pleasantly surprised at the depth of color full patches that had been produced and worn in various countries that SF groups have been since 1975-thinking this was only limited to the Vietnam conflict. The time frame mainly covers 1975-2003 pre current war on terrorism( I would guess this would be a volume on its own). If, like me, you want to broaden your insignia/history knowledge this will be a excellent addition.

link on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Phill

• 3 weeks later...