Where Are These Guys When I'm Selling!!

GLM

normaninvasion
OK- I am lost here.

What is an EGA device?

Why did these USMC cap badges go for so much money?

I ask because I have a bunch of these I've picked up over the years and have no idea what is what.

Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. These were worn on service and dress covers, collars and boards.

These went for big money do to rarity, variation, and need of missing componets, as well as a host of other reasons and addiction ;)

Post what you have or search the Forum for identified pieces, many members are willing to help, Jeff

teufelhunde.ret
I ask because I have a bunch of these I've picked up over the years and have no idea what is what.

Great - box'em up and ship them to me, happy to take'em off your hands. ;) s/f Darrell

through the nightr, I had bids on probably a dozen of them. walked away with a couple of less rare ones, that seemed to have been ignored

Darrell: Bob was talking at his show today with a guy that got 5 of the more unique ones....like you said the seller stumbled into these and now has a nice profit!

Damn!! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

I knew USMC was worth some cash, but I focus mostly on WW1 26th Div., imperial German and Napoleonic.

I had no idea .

I'll photograph what I have, but my scanner sucks (no Epson for me) and I am still using my kids "mylittlepony" digicam to take photos (I know, pathetic).

By the way, what are the medal ribbons in the signature line? Donation awards?

teufelhunde.ret
Darrell: Bob was talking at his show today with a guy that got 5 of the more unique ones....like you said the seller stumbled into these and now has a nice profit!

:w00t: let the games begin!!!

I always though that I loved EGAs, I guess that I just really like them.

There are some nice birds in this lot with nice prices to go along with them. Does this mean that the recession is over?

Stinger Gunner USMC
I always though that I loved EGAs, I guess that I just really like them.

There are some nice birds in this lot with nice prices to go along with them. Does this mean that the recession is over?

The prices some things have been bringing lately makes me think the recession missed a couple collectors along the line. Unfortunately, im not one of them :crying:

Holy crap those are pricey! Makes me wonder what I sold you in that big lot Brig.

Those prices reflect the fact that those particular pieces are very rare - or as Major Mike would put it, "scarce." I'd venture to say that 99.9% of all EGA lots do not have even one individual piece worth more than $10.

Holy crap those are pricey! Makes me wonder what I sold you in that big lot Brig.

nothing like these, I promise. I still have 95% of them...

Corpsmancollector

Holy cow, he made a nice profit! How many pairs sold in total? About 30 was it?

I love the Corps, don't get me wrong. 95% of my collection is USMC, but EGA's is like another ball game...I can't believe the attention they get sometimes! There seems to be so many variations and so few surviving examples of some of them! Very interesting stuff anyway.

Good discussion guys.

Will

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

reverse madness...on sale for a mere 60 down from the original BIN of 95... item 370451609288

_B7FwVww_Wk___KGrHqQOKiIEy_I_7K6MBMzQBlzJGg___3.jpg

• 1 month later...
so.mostyank

I find these prices amazing !!!! I have to go find the 5 or 6 that I know I have.....they are marked England.

so.mostyank

• 1 month later...
teufelhunde.ret

Perhaps enlisted cover EGA's will make a rebound, prices have been depressed for some while now. This sold on ebay for a whopping $331, been a long time since I saw emblems from this era sell for that price - and w/o period washer & roller missing! This pre 1900 example shows great chocolate patina... really great trenching of the wings. The Globe is somewhat sqashed, perhaps done for the old fore & aft campaign cover?

__KGrHqIOKkIE4gocS8s_BOP_U4twD___0_3.jpg

__KGrHqYOKjQE4n_Hdu1pBOP_V60__Q__0_3.jpg

• 2 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

KG Luke emblems are not rare, a bit scarce in life long sets perhaps. Has been awhile since seeing something go thru the overhead... anyway showed up on ebay today, allot of heavy wear, dents etc. Already at $315, someone wants this desperately. :pinch:

__KGrHqUOKikE5mUe8PviBOn_b_6J9Q__60_3.jpg

__KGrHqEOKjkE6WWuFh__BOn_bUv_qg__60_3.jpg