1/2 ton 4x4

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

I just love old Army trucks. Here is few shots from one outside Redding, CA. There was a 1/2 track parked with it, but it was GONE!!! in a few days after being parked. Technically this one is for sale, but since it isn't mine I'm not going to list it in the "For Sale" section. If anyone is interested contact me and I'll see what I can do to help you out. They are looking at taking offers. There are two seat cushions in the engine compartment and there is a "what appears" to be a flat head six cylinder engine under the hood. It currently has a wooden flat bed. There is a bed that appears to be from the truck a on small rise in front of the truck, but do not know if it belongs to that vehicle.

post-9131-1273792350.jpg

post-9131-1273792369.jpg

post-9131-1273792410.jpg

Neat truck, and a good restoration candidate - I like seeing the data plate on there!

That "bed" is for an M series trailer - looks like M105, but might be for an M101. At any rate, not correct for the truck.

Steve

easterneagle87
Neat truck, and a good restoration candidate - I like seeing the data plate on there!

That "bed" is for an M series trailer - looks like M105, but might be for an M101. At any rate, not correct for the truck.

Steve

What year is it? I see a 55 on the data plate. Here's more photos.

post-9131-1273813467.jpg

post-9131-1273813485.jpg

Likely a 1942, based on the military standard (round) gauges in the dashboard (the 55 is in position for "Maximum Speed 55"). The owner can send a copy of the title to the Dodge Historical Division and get a "build card," which would show all those sorts of details. It was one of 352 trucks build on contract DAW-398-QM-129, but my reference doesn't show when that contract was let by the Gov't.

The great things about this truck are that the main data plate is there, and the engine bay looks remarkably complete. Check the "pad" on the left side of the block to see what numbers the engine serial number starts with - T207 or T211 most likely. It could be something else - Dodge used these engines, with little/no change from the late 30s into the early/mid-50s. On the downside, there's no bed or rear fenders (should look like a stepside pickup).

Check out http://forum.ww2dodge.com as a more likely place to try to sell it. That forum is devoted almost strictly to Dodges.

Good luck,

Steve