DVD: Company K

rvandehoef

rvandehoef

Is there anyone who can tell me if this DVD is available in Region 2 (European) format? DVD is called "Company K", released February 19, 2008.

post-3838-1273745040.jpg

Hello,

I have a provisional release date of July 26th 2010 for this film.

Not long for you to wait.

rvandehoef
Hello,

I have a provisional release date of July 26th 2010 for this film.

Not long for you to wait.

Thanks Patrick!

rvandehoef
Is the movie good? This is the first time I have heard of it...

-Ski

I don't know. I've just seen a trailer. Story is supposed to be about a US Marine in WW1.

Trailer:

I don't know. I've just seen a trailer. Story is supposed to be about a US Marine in WW1.

Trailer:

mmmmm......I think I will pass on this one. It smacks of Pearl Harbor for some reason. "I might not be able to be with a decent woman...." Add the fact that the movie looks like it was filmed at Fort Ord, California kinda turns me off......

-Ski

scmcgeorge

Dear all: It was filmed on East Coast USA, follows the book closely ( which itself was sort of a collection of episodic vignettes) actually not too bad for a very low budget effort. - my 2 cents Steve McG i

• 2 weeks later...
BigJohn#3RD

Hello Folks,

I just purchased Company K from Amazon and watched it the other night. It is a low budget film, but overall it is well done and is about a Marine's experiences in the war. Finished in 1933, it has a very strong anti-war sentiment of the period along the lines of "All Quiet on the Western Front" it's author had it published under an assumed name William March see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_K

I looked up the author's name in 2nd Division History Campbell, William E. (SGT 5th Marines, 43rd Company) Navy Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star Citation, CdeG (P), Blanc Mont. I will leave you to determine the merits of the film but I found it worth while.

Regards,

John

• 1 year later...

Watching it for the second time. It is low budget, but they manage to get more "right" than a lot of higher budget pieces. Was conversing with a fella about putting together a 6th Marines impression for teaching WWI, and he told me about the Marines that wore army uniforms keeping their collars plain, no disks or EGAs, well, they managed to get that right, also have the string looped up into their gas mask straps for the most part, too. It ain't bad at all. Seems like a few people did their homework. I do spy a couple of gas mask bags with the opening to the front, however, now that I notice it.

• 1 year later...