Closing the Museum down

Reminds me of the arms cache that Sarah Conner left behind for her son John in the Terminator series.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Not quite, not enough dust and no man-pack mini-guns :(

Well it sounds like you need to get one! Maybe you can steal it off of one of the 160th's DAPs and convert it.

Ixnay on the ustday though, you will be getting enough of that.

Best of luck to you, though it will make it that much sweeter in 1 years time when you open the door again to be greeted by the 2 munchkins in the corner, Mr. Gunner and the disembodied heads on the shelf!

"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So if Little Red Riding Hood shows up with a Bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch!"

Sgt. Wells

Think of your up coming adventure as a chance to collect more loot. This might be a silly question but is your collection insured?

No, not insured. Everything in the pictures is inside a concrete vault with a safe door, so I'm not worried about theft. Fire should be OK as well. I should get a seperate rider on my insurance though, maybe that is what I will work on while I am gone.

As for collecting more loot, you correct there. I am a scrounger and I find things others throw away and I'm sure the next 12 months will be no different. One thing I didn't show was the seven dufflebags of things that I have packed up for storage, to sell off when when I get back!

al4w84.jpg

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

Great collection! Good luck and be safe :thumbsup:

" You can manufacture weapons and you can purchase ammunition,

But you can't buy valor and you can't pull heroes off an assembly line ".

-Sergeant John B. Ellery-

U.S. 1st Infantry Division

Hang Tough my friend!

Dang, now that is one sweet collection!! I really admire the diversity and era's represented!! A real "drooler" to look at. Really dig the Gunner figure. I need to work on filling out everything down from under the helmet with mine!

Stay frosty!

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

really nice, diverse collection. The highlight for me is your waist gunner. Is the 2nd rangers lid gen-u-wine?

All the best for you deployment.

Rob

Rob Cawte

Interested in buying AIR CORPS items, particularly 8th and 9th AAF id'd medals, uniforms/groupings

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

With that vault, it'll be like a time capsule waiting for your to return. Godspeed!

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

No, unfortunately, the only two things that are reproduction in my collection is all the hand grenades as I couldn't afford to outfit that many grenades at the current going rate. The second item is the 2nd Rangers helmet. I doubt that I will ever have enough money to afford a real one, so I'm content with my repro. The liner is one of the nicest WWII liners I have ever seen though, quite sweet.

HOOVIE: I will whenever I can, supposedly, I will have my own internet, so I either will be on all the time, or you won't see me very often, kinda like feast or famine. Once established and I have internet access, I plan on getting set up to rum run theatre made patches. I also may take up my old hobby of flying flags for anyone that wants them.

really nice, diverse collection. The highlight for me is your waist gunner. Is the 2nd rangers lid gen-u-wine?

All the best for you deployment.

Rob

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

Hawk, just got word today, that here in a few weeks I will be heading back to B'dad again myself. Only for a few weeks this time though, and as a civvie, lol.

So I too plan on snagging up as much as I can. If I'd of known in the past that theater made was really sought after , I woulda came back the previous trips with all kinds of goodies for folks.

I would be interested in one of the flags, if you get the chance!

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I would be interested in one of the flags, if you get the chance!

Same here!

And a little bit of Rum running never hurt anybody ;)

"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So if Little Red Riding Hood shows up with a Bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch!"

Sgt. Wells

I wouldn't mind a flag either. :thumbsup: Be careful and kick-rump collection!

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hawk,

Take care and godspeed. I'm sure I'll catch ya before you head downrange.

J

In memory of 1LT Julius C. Goldman, XO of F/330th, 83rd Infantry Division 1944-45.

Looking for P-47 and Tactical Reconnaissance Unit photographs and any items associated with WWII Jewish fighter pilots.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif