WWII wool balnket

B.A.R.gunner

B.A.R.gunner

Just picked up what i believe is a WWII wool blanket today for $12. Its a dark tan with green edges -(edges very thin, no more than 1cm) the tag is worn, cant read it at all, and theres a square stitching spot next to it. Just wondering if anyone can confirm authenticity. Also, how should i store it? I want to keep in w/ my collection but spereated by something in case of moths, whats the best method?

First pic is blanket folded, second is the trim, third is spot w/ tag / stitching

post-11724-1273541465.jpg

post-11724-1273541477.jpg

post-11724-1273541487.jpg

Its original.

I dont do anything with mine and some have suffered,some were damaged already.You can place in a commercial blanket bag from Walmart or target with moth balls or cedar balls/chips or in a cedar chest.If stored in a footlocker you can do the same

RD

MattOravik

I have washed mine when I brought them home. I filled a wash tub with cold water and used woolite and just washed it around in the water by hand. Then I rinse it well and let it hang dry. Then I usually put it in a big plastic bag with mothballs for a while to 'gas' it. Only after all that is done do I put it in the cedar chest or a large plastic bag with some cedar blocks. It may be a bit much but it has worked.

-Matt.