National Indian War Veterans?

KevinBeyer

Hello, All,

I was wondering if anyone had any items related to the National Indian War Veterans that they would like to post? I do not have any in my collection, although, I would really like to have a representative piece. Unfortunately for me, they are out of my collecting price range.

If anyone would like to share, I'd be greatly interested. Also, I would like to know the story of how any piece was acquired.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Thank you, Jeff!

That badge is spectacular. I don't think I've seen one with "Indian Wars" on its ribbon. I have seen ones with the following:

Captain John Wesley Green Camp 7
Col S Y Seyburn Camp No 15
Eugene A Carr Camp No 19
Gen Adna R Chaffee
Gen Geo A Custer Camp No 4 Active Member
Gen George Crook Camp No 9
Gen John R Brooke Camp No 29
Gen Nelson A Milies Camp No 32
Gen P H Sheridan Camp No 25
Gen Thomas M Anderson Camp No 33
Lieut Chas Gatewood Camp No 7
Texas Ranger 2
Winners Of The West Camp No 11

It is my understanding that the company which made these badges would print anything requested on the ribbon. Do you know if this was true?

Kevin

This is the only one I've seen with "Indian Wars" on the ribbon, although I have seen a "Winners of the West" without a camp number.

Based on the list of known imprints, I suspect that there were a few "generic" imprints, but far more camp imprints.

• 8 years later...

Over the years I have seen several National Indian War Veterans membership badges. I made a collage of all the different variations I have seen to date. The images were all different sizes and having different image quality, so I apologize that the picture is not the best.

The ability to silkscreen each camp name onto the ribbon must have a nice feature for each camp.

NIWV_collage_1000.jpg