Vietnam color photo of Marine in duck hunter camo

gunbunny

I bought a small photo album that belonged to a U.S. Marine serving in Vietnam. The highlight was this photo showing him in duck hunter camo. I believe it was taken early in 1967. Note the green lining. Note also the M14 and early ammo pouches.

DSCN5694.jpg

River Patrol

That's a really nice photo....note the pocket shape too!

pwmiraldi67

Thats an awsome photo!! Note also his cowboy hat is in the ARVN Invisible pattern of the ARVN Ranger pattern.

After River patrol pointed out the pocket flaps, Im thinking it very well could be ROK Marine camo, I wish I could see if its HBT material. But Im going to guess that it is most likely the ROK marine pattern, but then again I could be wrong. Still a super cool picture for sure!!!!!!

paul

pwmiraldi67
Likely he was an advisor to the ROKMC.

Tough to say, he looks really young to be advising, Ive seen some Recon Marine (not 1st hand) but in photos wearing just about all types of camo, still really cool photo and lots of good posts!!

thanks

paul

TrenchfootJoe66
Tough to say, he looks really young to be advising, Ive seen some Recon Marine (not 1st hand) but in photos wearing just about all types of camo, still really cool photo and lots of good posts!!

thanks

paul

Its possible that this is an advisor. At one time I had a nice set of OG fatigues that were all badged out for a young Lt advisor to the ROKMC. It was sweet too, all that red insignia! Also, check the rings, one of those could be a class ring, maybe USNA or Citadel. Plus thats alot of jewelry to be wearing on a recon, even if he is posing. Well, thats mt W.A.G. anyway.

JW