45 holster

snafu100

post-8504-1273454796.jpg

holster for a 45 auto - black leather with a holder for an extra clip -- is it Military or a repo has no marking that I can find - Pete

pompa mike

Snafu, I don't think that's a military holster, I understand that the M3 type holster was popular and troopers often made their own or had local craftsmen make one for them. Your looks like it was made by someone that knew what they were doing though, I have a repro m3 holster that I like better than all the rest out there, but the downside is that there isn't a place for an extra magazine. I'm far from an expert with these things but in my experience I've never seen an actual military contract holster like that one.

Mike

Snafu, I don't think that's a military holster, I understand that the M3 type holster was popular and troopers often made their own or had local craftsmen make one for them. Your looks like it was made by someone that knew what they were doing though, I have a repro m3 holster that I like better than all the rest out there, but the downside is that there isn't a place for an extra magazine. I'm far from an expert with these things but in my experience I've never seen an actual military contract holster like that one.

Mike

Thanks Mike with no military marking my guess was not military but thought I would check with the form to see if anyone knew more about it - Pete

DesertRatTom

It looks like a non-mil manufacture- the devices at the top of the holster appear to be chrome plated, and the rivets not solid copper.

Tom

looks like something a US chopper pilot or aviator might have bought private purchase , with the custom mag pouch to carry one extra mag in case his aircraft went down, the pistol would be his main survival weapon.

during the VN war lots of aviators wore private purchase holsters with custom loops or mag pouch sewn on the belts or other modifications.