wwii Parachute in Khaki sack

19delta-uav

19delta-uav

Hello again fellow collectors,

I picked up two of these bags this weekend, each with a large white 1944 dated parachute in it. My question is, what type of bag is this? They are all un marked except for "24 Ft." in marker on both bags. They have a white 550 cord (the same as on the parachutes) tie closure on the top of the bag, and some sort of hook and strap on the bottom. What do you guys think? Has anyone seen this before? I had hopes that it would be some sort of airborne leg bag, but those look different although they appear to be around the same size. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

post-3881-1273436869.jpg

post-3881-1273436887.jpg

19delta-uav

I guess another good question is if it is a U.S. piece. The construction looks diffferent, however they cam with U.S. parachutes in them so again any information is greatly appreciated.

I guess another good question is if it is a U.S. piece. The construction looks diffferent, however they cam with U.S. parachutes in them so again any information is greatly appreciated.

what you have there looks to be an old deployment bag for an extraction chute, thats the parachute that pulls the airdrop load out of the plane. deploys the same as the ones on race cars.