MY SUMMER OF FLIGHT SUITS

BEAST

These are the flight suits that I have picked up over the last few months. I didn't start out looking for different variants of flight suits, but sometimes it just happens. With the exception of the WWII A-4, the flight suits are all identified. I have posted a few of these before, but was suprised when I saw how many I have picked up in such a short time and thought I would post them together.

post-203-1184467293.jpg

Very nice: I see a fair amount of flight suits in thrift stores but they almost always have the patches removed.

Guys, thanks for the kind words. I think that the hardest insignia to replace will be the name plates. Like everything else, they changed throughout the years. My OIF flight suit shouldn't be too hard, the vet told me where he has his made. The G.O.'s could be the toughest to replace, I really would like to find a photo of him wearing the suit instead of his service dress. I am still working on getting the original insignia for the Desert Storm flight suit. It came from a garage sale and the vet thinks he still has them around.

I thought that it would be no problem to replace the velcro backed SAC patch on the suit, but have had no luck finding one, even on Ebay.

I wonder if the velcro backed insignia will be more collectible than the sewn versions?