M1917A1 USMC Helmet

ClaptonIsGod

ClaptonIsGod
You could just take the EGA off, keep or sell it, throw a net on the Tommie and sell it on ebay honestly for what it is and you may recoup some of your losses....also the seller that sold you that is at the show every month, (i saw that helmet on his table)..Ive never really dealt personally with him but it might be worth a shot trying to get him to take it back....he seems like a good guy.....mike

Might be worth trying.

ClaptonIsGod
$10 on a good day.

Ooooh. Probably better to get this helmet back to the seller, lol. Between the liner and the shell (which is probably worth a bit more then $10 for the liner since it's WWII and mint almost), and the EGA which is $10, the chinstraps are probably only like $25-30.

Pretty good potential cost assessment for a guy who two days ago didn't know the difference between a mocked up so-called US M1917A1 with an added EGA and a 1942 dated Canadian Mk II.

ClaptonIsGod
Pretty good potential cost assessment for a guy who two days ago didn't know the difference between a mocked up so-called US M1917A1 with an added EGA and a 1942 dated Canadian Mk II.

We all have to start somewhere, don't we? If somebody owns a Hawley liner they got from a thrift store in a fix bail with USMC cover and they paid $2, is it worth just $20 two days later? Not exactly. And, I am not selling this as I am going to try my hardest to get the "good ol' honest seller" to give me my money back. :)

Sure, everyone starts somewhere; but your $60.00 would have been better spent on a book or two on the subject as there is certainly plenty of material out there. Even if you are dead set against ever owning a book, there is a vast amount of information on the web for free that gives many of the details. That way by having some knowledge, when you get carried away at the vendors stalls you will at least be able to tell the difference between the various helmet types. Right now, some vendor scored $60.00 of your money simply because you went in unprepared.

patchtrader864

:think: I also saw this helmet at the show , i think it was in the second or third row in the 1st half of the hall as you walk in , he is there at most of the shows . Patchtrader864