ATF 2 piece USMC cam HBT

Harvs73

I recently splashed out and bought the ATF green HBT and camouflage 2 piece HBT uniforms. As I have an original Army one piece I thought I would take a few photos of the cloth and buttons for a comparison on the cam HBT. The ATF jacket has been washed in a machine a few times and stuck in a drier in an attempt to make it shrink a bit as well as get rid of the 'new' look. Whilst I don't want the uniform faded to the max I do want it slightly used and not 'shiny'.

The green and brown side of the jacket:

P1070587.jpg

P1070591.jpg

Allowing for the original one peice being over 60 years old and very used I thought I would try using the inside of the pockets for a colour comparison:

P1070584.jpg

The ATF version of the green side is on the left. Allowing for the fading of the original, the greens are fairly similar but the brown on the original is more reddish that the ATF - could be fading or maybe just a different batch of dye. The base colour is close enough to say it is just fading that makes a difference.

P1070583.jpg

This is the other pocket and shows the differences in the browns.

Here is the one big disapointment to me I think, the buttons I reckon are the incorrect colour. Despite the one piece being an army uniform the cloth is supposed to be the same and I beleive that so would the buttons. The buttons on the original are a brass colour whilst the ATF version are silver and are a different size and design.

P1070589.jpg

P1070590.jpg

Here is a close up of the cloth for comparison:

P1070586.jpg

And here are the USMC emblems:

P1070588.jpg

P1070592.jpg

The cloth itself on the ATF version feels pretty close to the cloth of the original but is much stiffer, 65 years of wear will do that though. All up I like the ATF version except for the buttons. A note on the sizing, ATF do not lie when they say they are HUGE!!! I definately suggest you get a size smaller as they are WAY oversize! The pants a big for me but I have found that there is a difference between the US and Australian size 38, the US 38 is larger than Australian sizes. I beleive I would need a size 36 pants and a 44 jacket rather than my correct sizing using the Australian sizing system.