Vietnam era Equipment.

TomcatPC

Hello

Here are some items I have that are from the Vietnam era.

Lightweight Rucksack, think this is a 1968 contract date, this is packed away in storage, so I can't confirm the date.

I bought this for $10 (U.S.) back around 1999, I saw it hanging on a porch at someone's cabin off of East End Road, outside of Homer, Alaska.

Thanks

Mark

DSCN1263.jpg

Poncho (heavy version) and poncho liner.

Both of these are packed away at the moment, so I can't take a photo of the tag on the poncho liner, but I could not find a dated code on the label. From what I've seen this poncho liner looks like most of the Vietnam era Poncho Liners I have seen, but I can't confirm 100% that the liner in the photo is of that vintage.

Mark

DSCN1266.jpg

Model-1956 Sleeping Bag Carrier (the poncho liner is newer (1990s?) and was just used as a photo backdrop).

DSCN1112.jpg

Model-1967 Sleeping Bag Carrier (once again, the poncho liner is newer and is just used as a backdrop).

DSCN1108.jpg

Model-1967 Field Dressing/Compass Pouch

I very well could be wrong about this piece, it very well could be a later 1970s or 1980s "ALICE" version of the Field Dressing/Compass Pouch? The inside markings are very faint it does have a brass fastener, I'm not 100& sure either way.

DSCN1260.jpg

Model-1967 Field Dressing/Compass Pouch

I very well could be wrong about this piece, it very well could be a later 1970s or 1980s "ALICE" version of the Field Dressing/Compass Pouch? The inside markings are very faint it does have a brass fastener, I'm not 100& sure either way.

DSCN1260.jpg

Does it have a plastic snap?

And another Canteen Cup. This one is undated, made by "WCW", I assume this is late 1960s or early 1970s?

DSCN1739.jpg

And another Canteen Cup. This one is undated, made by "WCW", I assume this is late 1960s or early 1970s?

DSCN1739.jpg

TomcatPC, I hope you don't mind me contributing to your thread. :thumbsup:

Heres a couple of my items, first off, horizontal weave M-56 Belt. (some of the pictures are edited from previously take ones, due to difficulties in digging out gear.)

post-9491-1274158110.jpg

• 1 year later...

Here is one of the later items I have found from the Vietnam era, actually Pre-Vietnam era with this one.

Model-1956 Field Pack, 1959 dated.

DSCN2418.jpg