Post-Vietnam era to "fairly recent" Field Gear.

TomcatPC

Hello

Here is some of the Post-Vietnam era to "fairly recent" (I say fairly recent, simply because I'm not sure if some of this kit is still in use?). This is the equipment I was familiar with when I was in the Service (1989-1993 US Navy Active Duty, and 1994-1997 US Army Nat. Guard (OH.)).

First is a set of "ALICE" webbing, this is how I recall we had ours set up, but we had a "compression sack" type bag that was made of Woodland Camo. pattern material that we carried our NBC suits, boots, gloves (I also jammed by poncho in there as well) in, that was attached directly in back between the E-Tool and Canteen.

Thanks

Mark

DSCN1110.jpg

Canteen, Cup, Cover, and "Cooking Stand".

I think just off the top of my head, the Cup is 1989 dated,, the canteen is 1980, the "cooking stand" is 1989, and the cover (which I think is actually a Govt. reject, the "horizontal band" is slanted) is 1983. The cooking stand was bought as a surplus store, when I was in the Nat. Guard, I was not issued this item.

Mark

DSCN1111.jpg

E-Tool and Cover, E-Tool is made by Ames, both E-Tool and Cover are 1980.

DSCN1070.jpg

This one is a bit strange.

Canteen Cover that looks like combo of a Model-1967 and later "ALICE" Cover in one, with both vertical and horizontal bands.

Also Black coloured Cap on standard Olive Drab Canteen.

DSCN1363.jpg

Another Individual Equipment Belt, also marked as LC-2, even though it has a different buckle as the one pictured before. This belt has a 1978 contract date on the label.

DSCN1736.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Molle II Canteen Cover/Utility Pouch

If this is the contract number: DAA60-97-D-9302, I assume that this is from circa 1997?

DSCN1321.jpg

Small Field Pack aka "Butt Pack"?

Item marked on the nylon "roll up throat" "Field Pack, Training".

If I read the contract number correctly: "SPO100-00-D-4909", I assume this is from circa 2000?

I was out of the Service before this item was made, was this pack used with the ALICE gear I was familiar with in the 80s and 90s?, or the newer (current?) "MOLLE" gear?, of which I know nothing about.

Thanks

Mark

DSCN1319.jpg

YankeeDiv26

It's issued with the MOLLE vest and is supposed to be worn on the back of the belt. Most guys I know however take them off. I run mine on the bottom of my Assault Pack and use it as an expandable pouch. Hope that helps,

-Tim

Hello

When it comes to the new "MOLLE" Kit, I have no clue as to what it looks like. I have heard the name, and that is about as far as my understanding goes. So I take it that it is a "Vest" type set-up and nothing like the "ALICE" equipment that was used in my time? Those are the only two MOLLE items I have so far.

Thanks

Mark

• 1 year later...