USMC cover opinions pls.

sgtdorango

I think that may just be from the fold in the fabric distorting the shape a bit, the shapes are dead on from what i can see, although maybe my tired eyes missed something!!!... :blink: ..mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

I think that may just be from the fold in the fabric distorting the shape a bit, the shapes are dead on from what i can see, although maybe my tired eyes missed something!!!... :blink: ..mike

Yeh, I see it now. :blink:

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Got this in todays mail from SgtDorango,(Mike). This was discussed last month as to it's authenticity, with about 2/3ds as I recall thinking it is the real deal.

I'd like further opinions on it as I am the new owner. It compares favorably to my original un issued Jungle suit in almost every way. Colors are a bit lighter on the cover.

here's the old link:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...t=0&start=0

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Mark

post-729-1275518943.jpg

post-729-1275518951.jpg

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

A comparison shot of a known original 1 pc jungle suit and the cover.

post-729-1275519005.jpg

A comparison shot of a known original 1 pc jungle suit and the cover.

It's interesting how on one the "camo and shapes" have a dividing area between them and on the other they overlap each other. I'm not sure if that makes sense or really means anything when authenticity comes into play :thumbsup: . -Grant

'Flage Guy

Dang- wish I had a computer at my house, so I could answer these kinds of queries faster; all I can do at this point is offer this shot of one of my old ones for a comparison. This one is made of 2 distinctly different dye lots, and the right half looks closer to what you have...

post-3226-1275527452.jpg

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

Your Dark brown seems darker but the base color is light like mine? Also notice some of your colors/shapes don't touch each other. :think:

37th-

Been digging around and taking photos- here's a Cover I've had for many years which looks similar in shade to yours, with a few spaces in between some of the spots...

post-3226-1276143974.jpg

A couple more; one with "gaps", one without:

post-3226-1276144075.jpg

The same holds true with the Suits, both Army and Marine...

Thanks 'Flage

The verdicts still out on this one. Either way it looks nice on my pot, and it didn't cost a couple hundred bucks!

Anyone else?

• 3 weeks later...
combat-helmets

Post it up Mike... Im interested to see!

I see good things, but want to see more too!

Covers are so tough... I mean a blatant fake is easy to spot, but I do kno the quality of the repros is REALLY good, and there are alot of mintys floating around ( and alot of those are good too!)

Actively seeking WW2, Korean War and Vietnam War era USMC items

hi 37th ... the extra spot on the brown/beach side as shown is the give away with this cover,its one from at the front..as said before.there is a old post re this i wrote a while back.i have had all the fake ones in the past just to note what they look-feel-smell ect ect like...the three main ones i see that pop up are at the front,what price glory and the wind-talkers film prop ones.all easy to spot..i wont go into the aussie made ones ( 2 that i know of ) as both of them are both marked aussie maid and dated..another story.

at the fronts made ones have this extra spot on the brown side only...what price glorys one does not and is a better repro in my mind.the wind talkers prop one is way off in color +pattern.

shoot me over your e-mail as i have collected a mass of images from pee-bay,web sites ect ect onrepro ww11 camo if you would like to view.

regards joe

post-420-1277935789.jpg

post-420-1277936157.jpg

At first I thought it looked OK, especially if the print matches up in size to the original.

However I'm not so sure, maybe it's the pictures but the thread looks like polyester (ie. shiny) to me, also the overlocking on the edge doesn't seem right. Maybe try burn test on some thread. Compare with the overlocking on the other thread about the USMC slit cover.

Just a thought,

Try a black light I have a second pattern that looks soooo good center stitch and every thing but under black light the tan side turns to this sick purple

color , while on a known original second pattern trousers it does not turn purple , neither does a poncho turn purple . It really burns me up the dishonesty in this hobby

from some dealers and people, thank goodness for the forum. Another thing i've noticed

is there really is alot of good stuff out there it's just all been collected up, and nobody ever wants to sell anything. ANOTHER cover i have seen is from TTO USMC , I think

Harlan has stopped making repros. also w.w.2 impressions makes a good cover as well . Whoa unto the swindlers and thieves who take people for thier hard earned

money may they inherit the wind! koreamike

AG