Displaying Medals

SA1794

I am looking for ideas on how to display the few medals I have collected. Most are boxed medals (PH, BS, SS). So far I keep the medals in the box with the lids to the box open, and the medals on a shelf. I am concerned about dust, kids, etc. How do you display your medals?

Also, for the named groupings and PH's do you mount them in a display or keep them in the box?

I appreciate any ideas and examples.

Thanks,

Chris

ww1collector

Chris-the best method, unless you want a fancy framed display, is to use glass topped Riker mounts-they come in a variety if sizes and depths. Google Ruddles Mills-they are a wholesale source. I buy big ones so that the paperwork can be displayed too. Dave

gtpcamaroz

Not sure how much space you are looking to take up.. I purchased a nice glass horizontal glass display case from Ikea that works great in displaying cased medals. Also, it has locking doors which is perfect for keeping children out. I think I paid around 150.00 for it a year or so ago.

Endgame 1945

If you want a cheap but good solution I have used big shadow boxes available at places like hobby lobby, michaels, etc. These places sell them and are very good for displaying medals. It does work well for big collections but for my small one it works great

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I stumbled upon 5 jeweler type/antique store display cases cheap. perfect for all small things...badges, patches, awards, helmets, etc. I've only filled 3

I use Ricker's cases mainly. Even for awards, what I obtained with the box. Just better to bring with me sometimes, if nessesary, hold/show side ways, etc.

Here is one Ricker Mount display case for my Imperial Russian items (two medals, ribbon bar and portrait) - sorry, haven't done any yet with my US stuff ;) .

I used cardboard from art shop and velt. I have to do lables again, because my son split water some of them (I must forgive him this time - he is just 1,5 years old:laugh:).

149622430532fb_l.jpg

149622457f11e6_l.jpg

I use Ricker's cases mainly. Even for awards, what I obtained with the box. Just better to bring with me sometimes, if nessesary, hold/show side ways, etc.

Here is one Ricker Mount display case for my Imperial Russian items (two medals, ribbon bar and portrait) - sorry, haven't done any yet with my US stuff ;) .

I used cardboard from art shop and velt. I have to do lables again, because my son split water some of them (I must forgive him this time - he is just 1,5 years old:laugh:).

149622430532fb_l.jpg

149622457f11e6_l.jpg

Great display! Thanks for sharing and for providing a wonderful template.