Officer wool field trouser

Jamecharles

Jamecharles

i've a strange question about officer field uniform!

In ww2 what kind of wool trousers the officer dressed?

i want know it becouse i've seen this pair of pants on Ebay and i've never seen them before: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

they looks like the common wool field trouser (m1937 model) but with the officer label and buttons on the back... someone can help me ? :unsure:

thnx

Giancarlo

General Apathy

Cher JameCharles, hi, the photograph is not really large or clear enough, but these are not field pants they are officers summer dress uniform for wear with class ' A ' uniform.

Hope that helps, a bientot

( Lewis )

so the officer usually in combat used the classic wool trousers right?

Yes, but they were often privately purchased with commercial labels inside. Same for Model 1941 field jackest.

Bill

Wool Field Pants were basically the same for officers and EM but officers had to buy their own uniforms. You will find officers with three type of pants, first they could go to a military tailor and have pants that were fitted to them, this was expensive and unnecessary sense they were worn in the field. Second he could go to Quartermaster and buy officer's field pants, they were pretty much the same as EM pants except the label said Pants, Field, Officer or something like that. If these were not available he would just buy regular EM pants and I am not sure but they may have been cheaper too. If an officer were stationed States Side in a training unit or something like that he may opt for the tailored ones to look good but in combat he would go with what was available. So to make a long story short (I know too late) if you are putting together an officer's field outfit you really can't go wrong as long as they are field pants and not dress pants.