1950s AF Ofce Khaki Uniform

USMCRECON

I've always thought that the early 1950s light khaki officer's uniforms was the nicest looking of all the post WW-II Air force uniforms. While I have several 50s AF blue ones, this is the only khaki one I have. Below (and the follow-on post) are a small group of photos of my one khaki one in my collection.

This officer served with distinction in WW-II and during the Korean War era, as evidenced by the National Defense ribbon. However, the lack of the Korea Service and UN Service ribbons indicate that, at least when these ribbons were laid up, he had not yet been to Korea. Any comments are most welcome.

post-1107-1184371975.jpg

I wanted to show some detail, particularly of the tailor-made ribbons and the pictures were a bit bigger than I'd expected. Looks like it's going to be one pic per post; here's #2 of 4, the left breast area with ribbons and Senior Pilot's wings (pin-on).

post-1107-1184372253.jpg

CNY Militaria

Thats some great custom made insignia! Looks like he saw quite a bit of action during the war.

Justin

Thats some great custom made insignia! Looks like he saw quite a bit of action during the war.

Justin

I picked this one up off eBay several years ago. The ribbons are what initially caught my attention, particularly the PUC with bullion frame. It's a large size as well, about a 42. I wish I knew who he was.

These uniforms were known as "Silvertans", in the Air Force. Your example is a really nice specimen of a little remembered USAF uniform. thumbsup.gif

These uniforms were known as "Silvertans", in the Air Force. Your example is a really nice specimen of a little remembered USAF uniform. thumbsup.gif

Thank you, Lee.