Patch ID?

AndrewA74

There was no 513th Support Bn, company or any other support unit with that numerical designation in VN (Stanton). There was no ordnance unit with that designation either.

Appears to be a US-made patch c, 1970s-80s.

The 3rd A.C.R. has the motto "Brave Rifles"

and attached units: 171st Corps Support Group (CSG)

181st Inf Bde, and the 513th Maint. Company.

I think it might be a REFORGER patch. Last time they were in Germany in 1982 (from what I know) 80s Cold War - that's for certain! Sorry not VN.

It looks a bit German made (same style as some of my green pocket patches) with a merrowed border.

just my 2 cents

The 3rd A.C.R. has the motto "Brave Rifles"

and attached units: 171st Corps Support Group (CSG)

181st Inf Bde, and the 513th Maint. Company.

I think it might be a REFORGER patch. Last time they were in Germany in 1982 (from what I know) 80s Cold War - that's for certain! Sorry not VN.

It looks a bit German made (same style as some of my green pocket patches) with a merrowed border.

just my 2 cents

Thanks for the info! What does CSG mean? What's a reforger patch? What's the worth of a piece like this?

AndrewA74

Thanks for the info! What does CSG mean? What's a reforger patch? What's the worth of a piece like this?

AndrewA74

Hi Andrew,

CSG means Combat Support Group. For example 3rd COSCOM (Corps Support Command) had several CSGs (Maint, Supply, QM Companies)

Exercise REFORGER (from REturn of FORces to GERmany) was an annual exercise conducted, during the Cold War, by the NATO (more about that on Wikipedia or the net.

I think it's worth 3 to 5 $

Hi Andrew,

CSG means Combat Support Group. For example 3rd COSCOM (Corps Support Command) had several CSGs (Maint, Supply, QM Companies)

Exercise REFORGER (from REturn of FORces to GERmany) was an annual exercise conducted, during the Cold War, by the NATO (more about that on Wikipedia or the net.

I think it's worth 3 to 5 $

Thanks for the information. thumbsup.gif .

PS: I'll get back to you on the patches.