Repro USMC M1928 haversack?

Harvs73

I am after a USMC repro M1928 haversack amd I was wondering if anyone new of a manufacturer of them? I know there are numerous Army ones made and I can use them but I am wanting to go for a complete USMC version for a uniform I am doing up.

Armed 2 tha Teeth
I am after a USMC repro M1928 haversack amd I was wondering if anyone new of a manufacturer of them? I know there are numerous Army ones made and I can use them but I am wanting to go for a complete USMC version for a uniform I am doing up.

The USMC didn't have their own M1928 pack and so no one is repro'ing them. If you are looking a P1912 pack Schipperfabrik makes them.

The USMC didn't have their own M1928 pack and so no one is repro'ing them. If you are looking a P1912 pack Schipperfabrik makes them.

Thanks for that, I thought they did but you live and learn.

• 2 months later...
DesertRatTom
Thanks for that, I thought they did but you live and learn.

For an ever increasing amount of repro gear- WWII primarily, check out ima-usa.com and Pacific Canvas & Leather Co., Inc (no website published) as both [FN 1] advertise regularly in Shot Gun News, and their product lines seem to be increasing during this current depression. I would think that with their growth he products offered pass muster.

[FN 1] I have no interests what so ever in the companies mentioned, nor have I had past transaction with them; they are mentioned solely as possible resources.

Tom

why a repro? A decent search ob e-bay should net you an original one without much difficulty?

That may be the case in the US but here in Australia they are not that common. Added to that, not many in the US are happy to send things international for some reason. But the main reason is that I would prefer a repro as it doesn't matter what happens to it. I do have original gear but am topping up with repro due to cost and scarciy.

For an ever increasing amount of repro gear- WWII primarily, check out ima-usa.com and Pacific Canvas & Leather Co., Inc (no website published) as both [FN 1] advertise regularly in Shot Gun News, and their product lines seem to be increasing during this current depression. I would think that with their growth he products offered pass muster.

[FN 1] I have no interests what so ever in the companies mentioned, nor have I had past transaction with them; they are mentioned solely as possible resources.

Tom

Personally I would not go with IMA-USA unless it is an original you are buying. Repros there are hit-and-miss.