95th Div Disney Painted Helmet

American Graffiti

American Graffiti

Hi all,

I've listed this before in the helmet section, but always intended to show it here as it obviously has a Disney theme.

I bought this years ago on eBay, wasn't expensive and was wrongly listed as Vietnam helmet, yet obviously relates to end of WWII and 'Victory' Division the 95th.

This makes me feel it could be real and not a fake up, which are usually airborne or some such.

Added the chin straps myself as it didn't have any.

I'm really interested to see if there are any known Disney images the artwork has been taken from.

Any help greatly appreciated,

AG

post-4617-1272840421.jpg

post-4617-1272840438.jpg

post-4617-1272840454.jpg

Do you recall who was the seller of this??

This may help in confirming the origin of the art work.

Thanks

RD

American Graffiti

Hi D,

really can't remember it's so long ago. Don't know if I can trace it on My Ebay if it's several years ago? But I think it was one of those 'we sell it for you type places' so not the original family or whatever.

Seem to recall no other military stuff listed with it.

AG

disneydave

While both Donald Duck and Goofy were used on a multitude of combat insignia, and Donald in particular was used alot in various home front campaigns, I have never seen either of the poses shown on the helmet.

Thanks for posting the images.

Hi D,

really can't remember it's so long ago. Don't know if I can trace it on My Ebay if it's several years ago? But I think it was one of those 'we sell it for you type places' so not the original family or whatever.

Seem to recall no other military stuff listed with it.

AG

AG

Thanks.Its a great picture.Donald burning both german and japanes flags.Super detail.

Is the helmet front seam or rear seam??

RD

All provenance aside... I just love the way this helmet looks! It reminds me of some of the creative stuff done by WWI Doughboys to their M1917's. :thumbsup:

If the artwork was ever to be removed would Goof(y) Off be the best product to use?! (Sorry guys...couldn't resist!)

Sabrejet ;)

Bob Hudson
It reminds me of some of the creative stuff done by WWI Doughboys to their M1917's. :thumbsup:

Agree: as with those great WWI helmets that were most likely painted on the voyage home after the war's end, I would classify this one as trench art probably done after the surrenders of Japan and Germany. A great piece of folk art for sure.

American Graffiti

Many thanks guys!

The folk art thing is definitely my reason for getting it, it's a personal human touch on something mass produced and mundane.

Customised, painted, graffiti'd is a very interesting field.

I'm glad there are no warning flags on this, despite no provenance, it is very well painted.

Thanks again,

AG

• 10 years later...
On 03/05/2010 at 00:47, American Graffiti said:

Salut à tous,

Je l'ai déjà mentionné dans la section des casques, mais j'ai toujours eu l'intention de le montrer ici car il a évidemment un thème Disney.

Je l'ai acheté il y a des années sur eBay, ce n'était pas cher et était à tort répertorié comme casque du Vietnam, mais il est évidemment lié à la fin de la Seconde Guerre mondiale et à la division `` Victory '' de la 95e.

Cela me donne l'impression que cela pourrait être réel et non un faux, qui sont généralement aéroportés ou quelque chose du genre.

J'ai ajouté moi-même les mentonnières car elles n'en avaient pas.

Je suis vraiment intéressé de voir s'il y a des images Disney connues dont l'œuvre d'art a été prise.

Toute aide grandement appréciée,

AG

après-4617-1272840421.jpg

après-4617-1272840438.jpg

après-4617-1272840454.jpg

bonjour de France 

il est magnifique, ww2 ou Vietnam, Fan de model, si un jours vous souhaitez le vendre, je serai heureux de l'ajouter à ma collection .

Passez de bonnes fêtes