Female Army Brigadier General's Complete uniform

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

I just got this women's jacket, skirt, 2 shirts, and tie. It looks legit to me. The seller got this from a thrift store outside of Fort Myer, VA. It is clear on this uniform where the nameplate, and staff badge on the lower right side resided. I have searched for a while looking for a possible name or ID on the internet and have come upblank. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Justin

i_330.jpg

i_333.jpg

i_334.jpg

This is a long shot but how about former BG Janis Karpinski?

Well, she looks like RA to my -- not AR or NG (No reserve medal).

'

We can see she was in the former Yugoslavia and with the MFO. This seems to predate Desert Storm and OIF. I will suggest her specialty was non-combat arm.

She was probably a CG&S college grad (Levenworth) -- perhaps they might have a list of female grads. Not sure what units served with the MFO, but at one time they were 82nd or 101st -- any sign of jump/airmobile wings?

I do think she could be narrowed down.

I do have a 1999 GO list -- I could look over the weekend to see what female BGs are listed.

If you get a group of names, you could get bios on all and decide from that. Some, at least, will be on the internet, somewhere.

G

CNY Militaria
This is a long shot but how about former BG Janis Karpinski?

Definitely a long shot...I can't find her wearing her dress uniform, just DCU's so I can't compare the awards. I would imagine though, that the uniform would have COL rank since she was demoted IIRC.

CNY Militaria
Well, she looks like RA to my -- not AR or NG (No reserve medal).

'

We can see she was in the former Yugoslavia and with the MFO. This seems to predate Desert Storm and OIF. I will suggest her specialty was non-combat arm.

She was probably a CG&S college grad (Levenworth) -- perhaps they might have a list of female grads. Not sure what units served with the MFO, but at one time they were 82nd or 101st -- any sign of jump/airmobile wings?

I do think she could be narrowed down.

I do have a 1999 GO list -- I could look over the weekend to see what female BGs are listed.

If you get a group of names, you could get bios on all and decide from that. Some, at least, will be on the internet, somewhere.

G

Thanks Gil! This doies help narrow it down a bit. I just checked and didn't see any holes where airborne or Air Assault wings were pinned. I checked on the internet, but there is no list I can find, so I have been looking at Female BG's in their Class A's and comparing the ribbons they are wearing with this one. No luck so far. Let me know what you find on the '99 GO list. Thanks again!

Justin

Not Karpinski, incorrect ribbons for that. Karpinski would have had an Iraqi campaign medal. Ribbons show this BG served in Bosnia early on (The Armed forces Service medal and AFEM were awarded for the Bosnia operation at the same time due to a glitch in regs). She also has the MFO medal, good chance that came from a tour in Sinai. Lots of the guard rotated through these places in the 90's, but since this is from Meyer, check units of the 29th ID first. Might also try the Va NG outfits.

Note also, good chance she retired prior to 9/11...no star on the NDSM. Since it's unlikely she made BG in less than 10 years, it's from service during Gulf War I, but not overseas.

The ribbon rack doesn't quite add up to me. She has the Global War on Terror Service medal. This rules out her retiring before 9/11. Not exactly sure when the ribbon came out, but I am sure it wasn't until atleast sometime in 2002 at the earliest. That said, she should have a star on the National Defense Service Medal for a second award (early 90's and then the post 9/11).

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying its fake, put together or anything like that. Its not unheard of for soldiers (especially officers, even high ranking) to forget a device like that.

But, what it does mean is she was in the Army until atleast 2002 but did not deploy in the current Global War on Terror. As others have said, most certainly active duty due to the lack of any Reserve ribbon. Any signs of a shoulder patch? That might give a clue if your lucky.

Vance

Definitely a long shot...I can't find her wearing her dress uniform, just DCU's so I can't compare the awards. I would imagine though, that the uniform would have COL rank since she was demoted IIRC.

Maybe that's why she put her general's uniform in the thrift store!