Naval Coastal Warfare Desert Patch thrift shop

crisco511

I found this patch at a great local thrift shop. It is a Naval Coastal Warfare patch in desert subdued. It was off an old desert cammie blouse.

post-2091-1272659529.jpg

Very nice patch. Noemally the Naval Coastal Warfare symbol is direct embroidered on the pocket. Nice pick up!

I didn't think there even was a patch of this, I thought they were all direct embroidered. Good find.

crisco511
I like the patch. I wonder if it's for six color DCUs. I have never seen a Naval Costal Warfare DCU (three colors) with patch because they usually are embroidered.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...st&p=456379

Hi, This was probably worn on the chocolate chip desert and on the early new style desert camo. I've found that prior to the embroidered pocket, NAVY units will issue a patch or iron-on until the embroidery pocket specs are available. I have a Woodland BDU jacket with the embroidered Naval Coastal Warfare pocket. I found it by accident when I removed a Maritime Expeditionary Force patch (another not too easy one to get) and found the embroidery underneath (boy was I mad). Evidently the Maritime Expeditionary patch will be an embroidered pocket as well. This is the first and only patch for the NCW that I have seen. I have the blouses with the embroidered pocket as well. As prior military and a Navy contractor, I get to visit alot of military bases and alot of base thrift shops. You can find some really neat stuff for very cheap. One of the coolest (and difficult to get) uniform items that I got was an NCIS named desert blouse. Very simple, no rank or anything, but the name, US Navy tag, and NCIS. I researched the name and found that the fellow was a civilian interpreter.

Hi, This was probably worn on the chocolate chip desert and on the early new style desert camo. I've found that prior to the embroidered pocket, NAVY units will issue a patch or iron-on until the embroidery pocket specs are available. I have a Woodland BDU jacket with the embroidered Naval Coastal Warfare pocket. I found it by accident when I removed a Maritime Expeditionary Force patch (another not too easy one to get) and found the embroidery underneath (boy was I mad). Evidently the Maritime Expeditionary patch will be an embroidered pocket as well. This is the first and only patch for the NCW that I have seen. I have the blouses with the embroidered pocket as well. As prior military and a Navy contractor, I get to visit alot of military bases and alot of base thrift shops. You can find some really neat stuff for very cheap. One of the coolest (and difficult to get) uniform items that I got was an NCIS named desert blouse. Very simple, no rank or anything, but the name, US Navy tag, and NCIS. I researched the name and found that the fellow was a civilian interpreter.

Oh man.....NCIS? I'd love to be able to find one like that for my DCU collection. Talk about rare.