"Operation New Dawn"

BEAST

Are the troops really referring to operations in Iraq as "Operation New Dawn"? I read that is the name now given to OIF. Will there be a new campaign ribbon?

market garden

I believe that "Operation New Dawn" starts in September 2010. I read it in a Stars and Stripes a few months ago. I would say another "campaign" star will be authorized then.Market garden

I believe that "Operation New Dawn" starts in September 2010. I read it in a Stars and Stripes a few months ago. I would say another "campaign" star will be authorized then.Market garden

Thanks Market Garden!

hawkdriver

I'm getting ready to be there by July. We have been briefed that it will go to that in September as Market Garden said. We have been briefed that we are still considered in a combat zone up until then and will be tax exempt until then as well. After September, all bets are off. If they drop the combat zone tax exclusion and take the combat patching away, they will have a hard time getting people to go there anymore. We were also briefed that the Guard will be taking it in the corn hole again, just like Kosovo. Funny how we Guardsmen are needed for the hard job and then when the "fun" is over, we get the shaft.

Oh, damn, was my inner monologue talking out again?

Cobrahistorian
I'm getting ready to be there by July. We have been briefed that it will go to that in September as Market Garden said. We have been briefed that we are still considered in a combat zone up until then and will be tax exempt until then as well. After September, all bets are off. If they drop the combat zone tax exclusion and take the combat patching away, they will have a hard time getting people to go there anymore. We were also briefed that the Guard will be taking it in the corn hole again, just like Kosovo. Funny how we Guardsmen are needed for the hard job and then when the "fun" is over, we get the shaft.

Oh, damn, was my inner monologue talking out again?

Amen brotha!

• 1 month later...

Before I got back, we were joking that it was "Operation stack the chairs in the corner and turn the lights off when you're done"

Mike

Before I got back, we were joking that it was "Operation stack the chairs in the corner and turn the lights off when you're done"

Mike

Well, obviously, you forgot the lights, because now I have to go shut them off!