Distinctive Unit Crest

tango1niner

tango1niner

Hi All,

I wasn't sure where to post this, being it is part of a uniform I thought it might go good here. Unit crest for dress greens and OVERSEAS cap. Thought others might enjoy. Has anyone else seen any similar?

Anthony

post-10135-1272562525.jpg

Rakkasan187

Anthony,

As far as the DI, I think it is just a fantasy piece that was put on a uniform after a Soldier either left a foreign country and was headed to the USA, or someone who was getting out tof the service all together.

Leigh...

I swear I've seen that same DUI on this forum already just this week. I agree with Leigh's assessment and it also kind of seems like a morale piece to me. Fantasy or not I'd love to find one!

I saw those when i was stationed in Germany in the 1970s. They were sold at the off-base talior/souvenir/GI-rip-off places.

Every now and then, some short-timer would try wearing one on his cap (we wore the olive green baseball-style hats with our fatigues back then). Inevitably an NCO would notice, and the short-timer had better hope that sergeant had a sense of humor. If it was the First Sergeant or Sergeant Major that caught him, his last few days in the unit would be quite memorable.

tango1niner

To the Forum,

I appologize for my lack of discretion and poor choice of words. Thank you for editing. That will not happen again. I would have a difficult time explaining that to a young one.

respectfully

Anthony

tango1niner

Steve B,

You got it. Germany, in the early '70's. At the rip-off shop. Did not try to wear on fatigues but did wear them on dress greens on the trip to Frankfort and home.

• 8 years later...
Proud Kraut

Another "Short Time" insignia variation. Can anybody tell me the meaning of the manufacturer's mark "SK"?

ST01.jpg

ST02.jpg