VF-302 Fighting Stallions

TomcatPC

Hello

I was in the US Navy from 1989 till 1993. I was a Plane Captain for F-14A Tomcats of VF-302 Fighting Stallion at NAS Miramar, San Diego, So. Cal.

Here are a few items I have from that very important part of my youth.

Thanks

Mark

Here is one of my squadron caps, with an AE insignia. I was trained as an Aviation Electricians Mate, but ended up doing my time as a Plane Captain.

DSCN0820.jpg

Zippo lighter with squadron insignia. This was found on Ebay a few years back. This lighter was made many years after I was out of the Service and almost a decade after VF-302 was disbanded. This lighter was made in 2002 (I think?), the Fighting Stallions were disbanded in 1994, and I was out of the Service in 1993, so this was bought many years after the fact.

DSCN0828.jpg

Commercial copy of a flight jacket with my squadron insignia and Plane Captain patch. This is not the "real" flight jacket, this was made by Alpha Ind., and was bought at a surplus store.

DSCN0823.jpg

F-14A Tomcat from VF-302. All right, I don't actually own this piece of militaria LOL.

Catshot.jpg

Thanks for sharing these photos with us. I like that flight jacket no matter it isn't an issue piece from your time in the Navy, it's still a good looking jacket. My personal stuff from the USAF, USNR & CAP means a lot to me just for the memories and I wish I had kept more of it.

Hello

Thanks for just checking it out, never would have thought people would look at some items that were everyday things at one time in my life LOL. I know they are not items that are used by elite Green Berets, etc. and all that, but if I can share a few memories and have others share as well...then that's all right.

Thanks

Mark

Hello

Here is one of my Squadron Command Tabs that went on our Dress&Working Blues&Whites.

Mark

DSCN0852.jpg

Hello

This is a helmet bag with my squadron and F-14A Plane Captain insignia I put on it. I obtained this bag recently, many years after I was out of the Service, but thought I'd include it as well.

Thanks

Mark

DSCN0822.jpg

• 3 weeks later...