Dad's WWII Airborne uniform

Greg Sebring

Greg,

Great stuff. I can see why you are so proud of your dad. I'm very

happy to see a family member who actually appreciates their

fathers service.

J.D.

What a truly great showcase of original items and stories, amazing!

Please thank your father for his sevice for me, I and many others are truly greatful for their sacrifice

• 2 weeks later...
Greg Sebring

Thanks for all the kind words and I'll pass your well wishes on to dad. I talked with my folks today and mom and dad are both doing great. I posted some of dads photos (82nd ABN review at Tempelhof for Ike) on WAF and someone had a question for dad. He had a clear memory and answered the inquiry completely.

Regards,

Greg

• 2 years later...

An apsolutely fantastic grouping. Thank your father for his service. I think i could polish my boots for years and couldn't get them to look that good whats your secret!! Haha

Thanks for all the kind words and I'll pass your well wishes on to dad. I talked with my folks today and mom and dad are both doing great. I posted some of dads photos (82nd ABN review at Tempelhof for Ike) on WAF and someone had a question for dad. He had a clear memory and answered the inquiry completely.

Regards,

Greg

general issue 116

very nice piece of history got to agree about recording his record for future generations to look,learn and listen to what the world used to be like and why so many young men and women gave there lives for the freedom the kids have today.

Thanks fellas for the kind words, ... Dad is still doing well and will reach 87 this coming July. The Army finally "nixed" his request for a PH. I can understand why with no written/witness documentation at this late date. To date, I have about seven hours of stories, tales, and jokes to date. Most of it is pretty "salty"and not for young ears.

:thumbsup:

Greg

• 8 months later...

Hi guys,

didn't know where to put the next announcement, so I took the liberty of hi-jacking Greg's topic! I'm sure he won't mind...

I proudly present you my first article in the French collectors magazine "Militaria Magazine".

It is about (and a kind of tribute to) Mahlon Sebring and "his" 319th Glider Field Art. Bat. . It mainly covers the actions in Normandy. I can only show you the preview, since it is due for November. You'll find more info on the following website:

Militaria magazine site

I would like to thank Mahlon, Greg and the whole Sebring family to give me green light. Special thanks to Johan for borrowing me a few items... .

I hope this is a worthy tribute...

article279891319533544.jpg

best regards

Bart P

Corpsmancollector

Bart,

Very well done! The article looks most impressive and it's great that you could work with so many others in writing and researching it. I'll keep an eye out once it's released!

Will

(P.S. Can you still buy an English version?)

Bart,

It looks great....Dad will be surprised, I'm sure. I will definitely need to get some copies for the family. I have ordered you Joe Covais's new book, "BATTERY!" and hope to get both Joe and dad to sign it. Be patient and I'll keep you informed.

B) :thumbsup:

Greg

Greg,

I'm new to the forum so I missed this thread when it first came out. Sure glad it came back. My father was almost 17 living in Holland on Sept. 17th 1944 and in Vos when the 101 landed there. The Germans were looking for him and his older brother for slave labor or as an SS " volunteer " to throw at the Russians. If the Americans had not joined the war who knows what would of happened. Very good chances I would not be here today. Men like your Dad made a significant difference to the life of my family. Still today many young Dutch know all about the sacrifice of American soldiers like your Dad and I personally know quite a few who go out of their way to help veterans when they are in country. If you remember please thank him for me. I would not be here today if it weren't for men like him.

Love the grouping as well. I have a major soft spot for WW2 Airborne especially those who served in Holland.

Many thanks for this posting

M

Bart,

It looks great....Dad will be surprised, I'm sure. I will definitely need to get some copies for the family. I have ordered you Joe Covais's new book, "BATTERY!" and hope to get both Joe and dad to sign it. Be patient and I'll keep you informed.

B) :thumbsup:

Greg

Hey Greg,

Tried the best I could...

Hope he likes it! I'll get you the copies!!! :thumbsup:

rgds

Bart P

Greg,

I'm new to the forum so I missed this thread when it first came out. Sure glad it came back. My father was almost 17 living in Holland on Sept. 17th 1944 and in Vos when the 101 landed there. The Germans were looking for him and his older brother for slave labor or as an SS " volunteer " to throw at the Russians. If the Americans had not joined the war who knows what would of happened. Very good chances I would not be here today. Men like your Dad made a significant difference to the life of my family. Still today many young Dutch know all about the sacrifice of American soldiers like your Dad and I personally know quite a few who go out of their way to help veterans when they are in country. If you remember please thank him for me. I would not be here today if it weren't for men like him.

Love the grouping as well. I have a major soft spot for WW2 Airborne especially those who served in Holland.

Many thanks for this posting

M

...I forwarded your comments on to dad.....

Thanks,

Greg

This will look familar to those from other forums. The maniquin and boots are setting on a piece of WWII reserve chute nylon. This outfit belonged to my father who recently passed it on to me. The P.38 he personally took from a German POW during the Bulge.

Greg

post-118-1167517599.jpg

Bravo Greg! :thumbsup:

A very nice cultivating the family traditions.

All the best to you and your Dad.

Gregory

Hi guys,

didn't know where to put the next announcement, so I took the liberty of hi-jacking Greg's topic! I'm sure he won't mind...

I proudly present you my first article in the French collectors magazine "Militaria Magazine".

It is about (and a kind of tribute to) Mahlon Sebring and "his" 319th Glider Field Art. Bat. . It mainly covers the actions in Normandy. I can only show you the preview, since it is due for November. You'll find more info on the following website:

Militaria magazine site

I would like to thank Mahlon, Greg and the whole Sebring family to give me green light. Special thanks to Johan for borrowing me a few items... .

I hope this is a worthy tribute...

article279891319533544.jpg

best regards

Bart P

... and bravo Bart for your initiative to honor Greg's Dad in your article.

Best regards

Gregory

• 8 years later...
Brian Dentino

So sad to hear of Mr. Sebring's passing. I have not seen or heard from Greg in quite some time. We used to write regularly....hope he is doing well. Condolences to the family on their fathers passing.

Greg Sebring

I just jumped on board again from a long absence. I am doing fine & dealing with Dad's passing. He was 95 1/2 years old. and passed peacefully in his sleep. For the past 7 years, I took him down to Fort Bragg for the 82nd Airborne "All American Week". He was always a guest of honor and made friends with many. His Memorial service was set for April 25th but that remains in doubt due to the China flu that is reeking havoc in the world. I will try to visit here more often now. Thanks for remembering and posting the obit. The Memorial video at the end of his obit has many pics of Dad's many visits to Bragg.