Dad's WWII Airborne uniform

Greg Sebring

I had not seen this post until today. May Mr. Sebring rest in peace . Our thoughts are with his family. Great group and a great father. Grateful that he was able to return from the war and live a long life.

mccauslandpara1944

My condolences to you and your family. Thank you for sharing some of your fathers history.

Greg Sebring

What makes difficult is trying to arrange a memorial service with the virus raging all over. It was going to be April 25th but that is out of the question now here in Michigan. All funerals are pretty much "family only" affairs as infections are sky rocketing at present. Eventually, Dad will get honored with military rites.

Greg, very sorry to hear of the passing of your Father. I am very near to you in Grass Lake and I run the Michigan Military Heritage Museum. If we can be of any assistance for your Fathers memorial, please do not hesitate to ask. Our very first exhibit as you walk in is of an 82nd man from Ann Arbor/Chelsea. If you would like to use the museum for the service we would be honored and proud to help. Condolences, Scott.

Greg Sebring

Thank you Scott, that is a very generous offer. I have heard favorable comments about your museum. I work part time for one of our local funeral homes so the location isn't an issue, the virus is. If you "Google" dad's name, you can see more info/photos of him. Thank very much for your concern. I will get up to the museum when things settle down.

T1gertank519

Rest In Peace. Thank you for all you did. You were one true honest “All-American”. I wish I could have written a letter or made a drawing, but I’m sad to say I stumbled across this thread too late. God bless this legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk