para-camo helmet covers

1canpara

Brian Keith
On 5/11/2021 at 1:00 AM, patches said:

Yet another shot of the German with the Camo Material and Italian sub machine gun, this we know now is in France.

a-german.jpg

Anybody else notice the spurs on this guy?

BKW 

3 hours ago, Brian Keith said:

Anybody else notice the spurs on this guy?

BKW 

Yes thanks for pointing that out,  I seen that but didn't think anything of it as he's a Officer wearing Officer Boots were he put on the spurs, Sporen, spurs of course being for Dress, guess he wanted to go with this for whatever reason, or he's an Officer in a Reconnaissance unit of a infantry division, and did this for traditional arm purposes. Reconnaissance personnel of the infantry divisions being of the Cavalry Arm.

• 3 months later...

South Vietnam. An unknown GI, probably a GI, unit and date also unknown, with the Para Camo cover it looks like, and perhaps with a Blousing Rubber as a Band.

para camo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rod Serling, he looks like it's either a Para Camo or a Duck Hunter Cover he's got, not sure on date and location or circumstances of this, mid 50s early 60s for sure. Beautifully Starched M51 Field Jacket right.

3a22b512c3965e84866ce76ee556d211.jpg

• 4 months later...

This in a July 1976 photo, probably at Fort Richardson Alaska with SMA Bainbridge visiting the troops there, check out the Para Camo Cover there, most atypical at this period to see these right, maybe this guy is an Officer wearing this????

tjuly_76_.jpg

july 76 sm-of-the-army-william-g-bainbridge-inspects-troops-of-the-172nd-infantry-2b0f7d.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LTC Max F. Schneider  awards  the DSC to 1LT Charles “Ace” Parker of A Company, 5th Rangers. parker with the para cover.

LTC Max F. Schneider (L) congratulates 1LT Charles “Ace” Parker of Able Company, 5th Rangers a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one I hadn't seen. 6th Ranger Battalion in the Pacific. This photo was taken at the Airborne and Special Operations Musuem in Fayetteville, NC. 

20220617_125139.jpg

3 hours ago, elh1311 said:

Here's one I hadn't seen. 6th Ranger Battalion in the Pacific. This photo was taken at the Airborne and Special Operations Musuem in Fayetteville, NC. 

20220617_125139.jpg

They just might be Marine Corps Helmet covers.

Found this that purports to be taken in Japan of a 6th Ranger Bn GI on Honshu during their time on Occupation Duty, he's wearing a Marine Cover.

6th.PNG

10 hours ago, patches said:

They just might be Marine Corps Helmet covers.

Found this that purports to be taken in Japan of a 6th Ranger Bn GI on Honshu during their time on Occupation Duty, he's wearing a Marine Cover.

6th.PNG

Good catch and you very well may be right. The picture at the museum is an enlarged original and was a bit grainy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen this picture for years as I am sure most of you have, also. But it wasn't until today that I noticed the stich pattern on the cover, and I saw it was a Para cover

72f2ddc06bc42178350ee4cc29ad4aee.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Found another German in Normandy wearing the Material, the one holding the Panzerfaust, from one of the Parachute Divisions.

us netr.PNG

us netd.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...