what I have picked up over the years

snafu100

post-8504-1272238213.jpg

Here are two of my bayonets

Top is a M7 Colt marked by Imperial has a USM8A1 sheath which from what I have read is not correct for this knife has TBW on sheath ---- Help on maker

Bottom is a M1 by PAL

post-8504-1272238903.jpg

two more

Top is a M9 made by Phrobis

Bottom is another M7 by Bauer it also has a USM8A1 sheath this one is marked PWH --- Help on this one

post-8504-1272239105.jpg

this is my Machete it is made by Ontario Knife they were picked up at different time so am not sure if they go together not sure what the yr of Mfg on machete but the sheath has a 1986 date and is made by STEMACO --- any help on these

post-8504-1272239491.jpg

last is a Norwegian Lapland Knife I received this from an Instructor who taught winter survival in an exchange program with the Norwegians and these were carried by there troops and given to some of the instructors as gifts

Hello, As for the Scabbards, they are by the same maker. The first one is the later of the two. The consensus is that TWB stands for The Working Blind. The PWH stands for Philidelphia Workhome for the Blind.

Marv

post-8504-1272239105.jpg

this is my Machete it is made by Ontario Knife they were picked up at different time so am not sure if they go together not sure what the yr of Mfg on machete but the sheath has a 1986 date and is made by STEMACO --- any help on these

Yeah, they essentially go together, the Ontario machete was introduced in WWII, without a date its hard to pin down exactly. The plastic sheath is obviously Vietnam, they where thought to be superior to the cotton duck sheath however, in the wet Vietnam jungle the plastic sheath's holes were inadequate and the machete blade soon rusted as a result.