CBI Pilot Uniform

USMCRECON

I was going to take a break from posting uniform pictures for a while but found these pics that I had taken some time ago and thought I'd go ahead and post them as well.

I apologize for deluging the group with uniform pictures but my collection has been down in the basement family room, eithewr in the closer there or on mannequins (some for many years) and no one ever sees the stuff but me. Noww that I've found this forum, I guess I'm kinda' like a kid in a candy store. Anyway, this will be the last one for a while.

This one belonged to a pilot in the CBI. I don't know much about the owner but I think he flew cargo aircraft over the hump. It seems the third and fourth picture made the file too big. I'll post them in a separate follow-on.

post-1107-1184188449.jpg

post-1107-1184188468.jpg

Here's the last two pics of the CBI uniform, basically each shoulder though one of the pics is more focused on the CBI patch. I forgot to mention in the earlier post (and most of you probably know this better than I do) but the ribbons are the DFC, Purple Heart, American Campaign, Asia/Pacific Campaign, and the Chinese Cloud Banner (I'm not sure which level it it....4th or 5th Class, I think?). As promised, thios will be my last uniform picture for a while. :)

post-1107-1184195403.jpg

post-1107-1184195412.jpg

CNY Militaria

I like that one a lot! I have a hump pilot's uniform as well, they flew through a lot of stuff there! I don't mind seeing your uniforms, so I am all for you posting away!

Justin

Thank you for the kind words. Here's a pretty simple one. It's a standard khaki cotton shirt with sterling Lt Col insignia and winged prop on the collars and a pair of theater-made senior pilot's wings. I could only squeeze two pics on this post....will follow-up with the other two.

post-1107-1184367813.jpg

post-1107-1184367821.jpg

Charlie Flick

A very nice uniform. My Dad was also a Hump pilot flying C-54, C-87 and C-109 aircraft over the Himalayas to China. Lousy weather, no nav aids, and the occasional Japanese fighter to boot.

If you need more info on the former owner of your uniform you might check with the Hump Pilots Association, a very active group of Hump veterans that has done a lot to record the experiences of those who undertook this very dangerous duty.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

A very nice uniform. My Dad was also a Hump pilot flying C-54, C-87 and C-109 aircraft over the Himalayas to China. Lousy weather, no nav aids, and the occasional Japanese fighter to boot.

If you need more info on the former owner of your uniform you might check with the Hump Pilots Association, a very active group of Hump veterans that has done a lot to record the experiences of those who undertook this very dangerous duty.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Thanks for the info, Charlie.