What happened to the party suit thread?

blue7289

It was causing too much drama, wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth and kept getting too far afield of the topic, so it has been deep-sixed, but the new owner can post their pictures when they get it and we can all be happy :)

What drama were you referring to?

There were a bunch of the seller's photos posted and we had to use most of them for copyright reasons (we can legally use a couple for educational purposes but not all of them). Of course individuals are free to post all of their own photos.

vintageproductions

What Forum Support is saying is that when you get the suit in your hands, you can post all the photos you want.

Bob

Blue

Thanks to some young members the thread was taken down.

Grow up and learn .

Its not all about fake movie props ,the real stuff is quite different and it takes a different level to understand it.

Maturity only comes with experience and your new grouping is one of the best I have ever seen in VIETNAM collecting.

Well done on pulling the trigger on this VERY special set ,I personally am in AWE of it SIR.

owen

Maturity only comes with experience and your new grouping is one of the best I have ever seen in VIETNAM collecting.

Well done on pulling the trigger on this VERY special set ,I personally am in AWE of it SIR.

After that statement! Someone repost these pictures.

I read the thread before it was pulled...but can someone explain to this Brit just what a "party suit" constitutes in the context of the US military? It's not a term I've encountered before. Thanks!

Sabrejet :think:

Dang, I bought it and could have chimed in.

Please chime away, and with pics.... :thumbsup:

I missed the original thread......... :pinch:

Thanks, I got it. I didn't see all the posts and was wondering what the heck happened. I didn't know it was for photos. I'll put some up when I get it.

I read the thread before it was pulled...but can someone explain to this Brit just what a "party suit" constitutes in the context of the US military? It's not a term I've encountered before. Thanks!

Sabrejet :think:

"Party suits" are clothing items made recreational use, such as unofficial parties: they made from often colorful one piece coveralls-type outfits adorned with all sorts of patches. They seemed to have originated with pilots in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. One of our members, vintageproductions, has several you can see at his online store: http://tinyurl.com/partysuits

Without the patches on them, the party suits are nothing more than very tacky short-sleeved coveralls of the type that were once favored by retired old men for mucking about.

"Party suits" are clothing items made recreational use, such as unofficial parties: they made from often colorful one piece coveralls-type outfits adorned with all sorts of patches. They seemed to have originated with pilots in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. One of our members, vintageproductions, has several you can see at his online store: http://tinyurl.com/partysuits

Without the patches on them, the party suits are nothing more than very tacky short-sleeved coveralls of the type that were once favored by retired old men for mucking about.

Roger that FS...thanks!

Ian :thumbsup: