1950 dated snake bite kit.

Justin

• 1 month later...
It would be worth a lot to me if I was bitten by a Copperhead. :rolleyes:

Wanna buy it? you can wear it next to your phone :lol:

Justin, you may want to check out all of the various parts in your kit, to see if they are OK. I have an absolutely mint WWII snake bite kit still in the original cardboard box that has clear "flexible" vinyl parts that slip over the end of the pump and then over the bite to make a nice vacume seal. These parts are now rock hard with age, and will not fit over the end of the pump anymore, so it makes my this kit worthless for it's original purpose.

Bob

It would be worth a lot to me if I was bitten by a Copperhead. :rolleyes:

No, having been bitten by a copperhead, you would do more damage with a snake bite kit. Especially one that is rock hard!

FYI. I remembered I had a partial snake bite kit, with the clear vinyl pieces, so decided to try an idea I had. I took a pan of boiling water and immersed the piece, that was supposed to fit over the end of the pump, in the water for 5 seconds. It became soft again and I was able to force it over the end of the pump until it cooled. It worked like a charm and here is the picture of the finished assembly. BTW. I tried this pump on my arm as a test and it really creates a remarkable vacume even after 60 years.

Bob

post-299-1277050609.jpg

FYI. I remembered I had a partial snake bite kit, with the clear vinyl pieces, so decided to try an idea I had. I took a pan of boiling water and immersed the piece, that was supposed to fit over the end of the pump, in the water for 5 seconds. It became soft again and I was able to force it over the end of the pump until it cooled. It worked like a charm and here is the picture of the finished assembly. BTW. I tried this pump on my arm as a test and it really creates a remarkable vacume even after 60 years.

Bob

In my collection, I have a partial snake bite kit made by American Optical Company Safety Products Division. Of course, the syringe is all glass. Looks like it was made for the military, but no visible markings to confirm that. I am going to try and attach some pics, but if technology defeats me, I can e-mail them to any having interest. Thanks.

How about including a picture.......Is it an MSA brand?

I tried to attach the pics, but they apparently did not go with my message. E-mail me your e-mail address and I will send you the pics. [email protected] Thanks.