Unknown Vietnam USAF patches

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Found another bag of unknowns I had stuck away. Does anyone recognize any of these? There is a training squadron nicknamed the Gator's, but not sure why it would be made in Thailand.

unkusaf.JPG

Johnny Signor

The patch that says Gator on it with the Alligator riding on top of plane , is a Navigator training squadron for T-43 aircraft, I've seen the patch on this guys site under one of the bases, usafupt.com it has a bunch of patches but you'll find it there, I think it was something like the 43rd Flying Training Sq, anyway take a look.

• 6 years later...

Yeah, the gator patch is a generic patch for Navigation Training at Mather AFB. Nav Training squadrons included the 452nd, 453rd, 454th and 455th FTS as part of the 323rd FTW. I walked around the base grabbing patches right before the base closed in the early 1990's and got a Gator patch there. A lot of morale patches made up by squadrons were made overseas as they were cheaper and easier to have made than in the US. Very common practice. Today, Taiwan has a stranglehold on patch production and it is easy to get a really high quality patch made at a moment's notice.

-Ski

• 4 years later...

Here is a recent pickup Gator patch for Boeing T-43 Navigation Training. Not sure the era or maker, but it's a nicely stitched patch.

Screenshot 2022-01-03 082013.jpg