Recorked and restored

Grant G.

Grant, just a great job! The lid looks great, and very industious of you to use wine cork to redo it. Brilliant work, and it looks great! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, I will be doing some more and I will probably put some on the "for sale" page. -Grant

Hi Grant.

Great tips,and as before a great finish, the cork and cheese grater idea is genius.

In the past I tried to, produce fine particled cork for a restoration job......I used my wife's food blender, and er,well she was'nt too pleased about it.....she made this quite clear "I'm not happy,about you using my blender". I replied "Me neither ,the corks far too big,your blender, is clearly not up to the job" :lol:

Anyway I digress, keep up the restoring ,Grant, your an inspiration,to the next generation of collectors. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, that is very kind of you! I have thought of using a coffee grinder, but never got around to it. -Grant

I appreciate your sharing the simple solution of using wine corks! I've got plenty of those as well as the availability of the Krylon OD camo paint in my town's closest hardware store. My fixed-bail M-1 is in need of re-corking & a paint job at an affordable price; you've solved my problem!

John

I appreciate your sharing the simple solution of using wine corks! I've got plenty of those as well as the availability of the Krylon OD camo paint in my town's closest hardware store. My fixed-bail M-1 is in need of re-corking & a paint job at an affordable price; you've solved my problem!

John

I'm glad to help, if you have any specific questions just let me know. -Grant

Do you know where on-line I could get a cheap front seam M1??

I really want to try this out.

Most of my successes have been from ebay. -Grant

$125 to J.Murray will get you a swivel bail front seam with the

chinstraps that'll look like it came off the showroom floor,which

it will,and you won't have to put any extra money into,except for

a liner.Not to cheap but it can be had.

$125 to J.Murray will get you a swivel bail front seam with the

chinstraps that'll look like it came off the showroom floor,which

it will,and you won't have to put any extra money into,except for

a liner.Not to cheap but it can be had.

Very true, if anyone has Josh Murray helmets please post another thread with pictures. I'd like to see one. -Grant