Show us your personal Uniforms

Latewatch

Top flight suit is one of the ones I wore while flying with the 7th ACCS from Jan 1980 to Mar 1984. Bottom one was issued to me is 1991-92 time frame when I first became part of the 9thAF/USCENTAF ACE program. We never wore a baseball hat with this; only the standard flight hat

I had a couple scarves for the ABCCC flight suit but don't know where they are. During my time with ABCCC, we went through several different versions of a flight suit scarf. We started with a bright red one with white crosshatch pattern in a sort of tight check pattern. Next was a similar red one with thin white lines in a wider check/box pattern. Finally the Commander settled on a solid burgundy color for our scarves and we also got a baseball hat in the same color with 7ACCS on the front. I don't know where the hat has gotten to.

post-1107-1271778658.jpg

post-1107-1271778662.jpg

OK, here are the items I found in the old wardrobe box....all are from my Marine days. Top are my two issue green uniforms. I had little opportunity to wear them and, in actuality, only wore one; the other was never worn. The reason I never wore one of them is that it came issued with brown buttons (three other Marines also got a brown buttoned service blouse in boot camp). The DI told us to cut the brown buttons off and replace them with black but I never did; hence I never wore it. That's why it also never had any chevrons on it.

Middle pic is of one of my issue tropical wool shirts and trousers. The khaki trousers are no longer issued. You can see that the trousers are much darker than the shirt.

Finally, the bottom pic shows two more pair of khaki tropical wool trousers. These two were never worn and you can see that the color is closer to the shirt in the pic above it.

post-1107-1271779705.jpg

post-1107-1271779711.jpg

post-1107-1271779721.jpg

Finally, the last two pix: Top is two of my khaki cotton short sleeve shirts. Bottom are two pair of my khaki cotton trousers. That's about it unless/until I come across more stuff in other boxes.

post-1107-1271780283.jpg

post-1107-1271780287.jpg

Finally, the last two pix: Top is two of my khaki cotton short sleeve shirts. Bottom are two pair of my khaki cotton trousers. That's about it unless/until I come across more stuff in other boxes.

post-1107-1271780283.jpg

post-1107-1271780287.jpg

You certainly had one hell of a career. Bravo!! :thumbsup:

-Ski

pwmiraldi67
No, I was out long before ACU's but I do have a couple of sets for the collection.

Hey latewatch,

maybe you new my platoon sgt; Sgt Minor swackhammer?? Or Sgt Ellithorp? both were in Grenada I believe, Swackhammer was the hand to hand instructor at Ranger school.

very cool uniforms, even better when they are your :)

heres a reenactment we did for the History channel on Grenada

post-2472-1271785351.jpg

Hey latewatch,

maybe you new my platoon sgt; Sgt Minor swackhammer?? Or Sgt Ellithorp? both were in Grenada I believe, Swackhammer was the hand to hand instructor at Ranger school.

very cool uniforms, even better when they are your :)

heres a reenactment we did for the History channel on Grenada

Paul,

We had a discussion about Swackhammer in one of your threads. He was an instructor at Benning when i went through Ranger School and later he came through the Light Leaders Course with the 25th ID when I was an instructor.

USMCRECON: Great uniforms, I'm glad you drug them out. :thumbsup: Sorry to see that you covered up your rack on your USMC Greens. It looks like one to be proud of. Thanks for your years of service.

USMCRECON: Great uniforms, I'm glad you drug them out. :thumbsup: Sorry to see that you covered up your rack on your USMC Greens. It looks like one to be proud of. Thanks for your years of service.

Ditto. And I love the anorak.

...and thank you as well.

I didn't cover it intentionally....just how the stuff happened to sort out while trying to get both sets in one photo. I didn't even think about the ribbons being covered or not at the time because that was not the focus of the shot.

pwmiraldi67
Paul,

We had a discussion about Swackhammer in one of your threads. He was an instructor at Benning when i went through Ranger School and later he came through the Light Leaders Course with the 25th ID when I was an instructor.

dude, your so right!!! sorry had an "Old man moment" didnt take my meds LOL

sorry for the redundancy!!!

hey lets see some pix of you in 2nd Batt!!! how bout your Black ranger beret??

thanks

paul

Stinger Gunner USMC

Here are my uniforms/foot locker gear. I think pretty much every thing that is issued is present.

I served from June 2002-June 2006.

I was with III MEF in Okinawa in 03-04 and deployed with them for OEF in the Philippines in Feb. 04.

Then served with I MEF out of Camp Pendleton from Sept. 04-June 06.

The dress uniforms include, from Left to Right:

Dress bule blouse

Alpha Blouse

2 long sleeve khaki shirts

3 short sleeve khaki shirts

Tanker jacket

Wool service sweater

blue trousers

2 pr green trousers

rain coat

post-1672-1272035817.jpg

post-1672-1272035879.jpg

Very nice Stinger! I like the footlocker approach, and you remind me that I need to get my service uniforms upgraded and squared away. Going to need to spend the extra money on getting them so, with additional service stripes, upgraded/new ribbon racks, etc...

apparently my mother found 3 male mannequins for under 100 bucks for the lot, I just need to figure out how to get them to SC from NY without making the costs excessive. since I'm not a big uniform collector, I figure I'll build one with my OIF gear...so I'll post that when it happens

ClaptonIsGod
I seemed to have heard that more than a few times in my life. Very rarely did it have a positive connotation behind it :lol:

Here's most of mine. Only missing my Jungle OG's. Last I saw them, they were in my mothers storage shed. So no telling what or how they are these days. I know I had already shown the mannequin, but I keep adding to it as I have dug up more stuff while cleaning out the garage. Seems I hadn't thinned out the footlockers as much as I had originally thought. :blink:

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

I didn't realize there were so many uniforms for one soldier :blink: :thumbsup: ;)

My ACU jacket from my last year before retirement, and Early BDUs, Fort Knox, 1983. Note the M1 Pot and the M16A1...

Wayne

post-3743-1272339483.jpg

post-3743-1272339597.jpg

Basic Training, Fort Benning Georgia... 1980... OG-507s and M1 Pot... M16A1 Rifle.

Wayne

Great stuff Wayne. I also did my Basic (D-7-1) at Ft. Benning in 1980.

mach1derful

I wasn't as nostalgic with my army uniforms and all as I should have been. I kept my coins and love me wall stuff. Thanks to ebay I was able to keep my ACH, as I turned in the ebay replacement to CIF when I got out.

post-10771-1272381711.jpg

Darktrooper
I wasn't as nostalgic with my army uniforms and all as I should have been. I kept my coins and love me wall stuff. Thanks to ebay I was able to keep my ACH, as I turned in the ebay replacement to CIF when I got out.

I got to keep mine, when I demobbed, CIF told me they didnt want it back, and my unit didnt want it because it wasnt on their books.

Basic Training, Fort Benning Georgia... 1980... OG-507s and M1 Pot... M16A1 Rifle.

Wayne

B-8-1... Harmony Church... Down my CIF. Haven't been there for years. I went there for the Infantry Mortar Platoon Course (IMPC) back in 87 and ran into one of my old Drills... was a great experience.

Wayne