Show us your personal Uniforms

Latewatch

Hooviedude posted some of his gear awhile back and I thought it would be great to see the personal uniforms of some of the other forum members. Here are a few things of mine that I've dug out. Let's see what everyone else has.

My OG 107 Jacket from Grenada Jump

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

My Desert Fatigues from Desert Storm

IMG_0165.jpg

My last set of BDU's

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

My last OD Patrol Cap

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Darktrooper

My BDU's

DSCF1517.jpg

My field modified DCU's From Afghanistan (name tag is velcroed on)

DSCF1518.jpg

My ACU's, this set I was issued in Afghanistan

DSCF1520.jpg

ClaptonIsGod

Great idea Latewatch, and nice uniforms Darktrooper! I love your ACU. Latewatch, is that ACU in the last two photos poking out yours?

Great idea Latewatch, and nice uniforms Darktrooper! I love your ACU. Latewatch, is that ACU in the last two photos poking out yours?

No, I was out long before ACU's but I do have a couple of sets for the collection.

Darktrooper

I was attached to HQ, 10th Mtn in 2005-2006 in Afghanistan. I do believe Borja was the CSM, I met him on a couple occasions as he toured the facility I worked in.

Teamski: No competition here. Just thought it would be cool to break out the gear from our misspent youths. Nice Uniforms you have there, very impressive.

Darktrooper: Ralph Borja and I were in the same Company at 2nd Batt early 80's. He's a real hard charger but also liked to party back in the day. Great guy.

Here's another Air Force uniform. I was in before the days of camo fatigues, mine's just plain olive green, I got out in 1986.

Side note, I hadn't tried on the jacket in years, it use to fit, now it's too tight, think it could have shrunk while hanging in that closet all these years???

post-11058-1271719997.jpgpost-11058-1271720016.jpg

Teamski: No competition here. Just thought it would be cool to break out the gear from our misspent youths. Nice Uniforms you have there, very impressive.

Darktrooper: Ralph Borja and I were in the same Company at 2nd Batt early 80's. He's a real hard charger but also liked to party back in the day. Great guy.

No problem! It is a great idea!

-Ski

Here's another Air Force uniform. I was in before the days of camo fatigues, mine's just plain olive green, I got out in 1986.

Side note, I hadn't tried on the jacket in years, it use to fit, now it's too tight, think it could have shrunk while hanging in that closet all these years???

post-11058-1271719997.jpgpost-11058-1271720016.jpg

Great uniforms. I wish SO much that I didn't toss my old service coat when the new one came aboard. I was a SSgt at the time as well..... Trust me, I feel your pain. There is no way I could fit in my old service coat either.... Boy, that service coat brings back memories, brushed finish collar badges and all.

-Ski

I don't really have any of my uniforms on any sort of official display but what follows is the best I can do.

First is me in the Recon area late morning of my first day in Nam, with brand new jungle utilities and still sporting a clean, white "T" shirt. The second pic is me about 3-4 weeks later. I'm wearing a standard jungle jacket but stateside OG utility trousers. I also have a camo sniper face veil as a scarf. Third pic is me with the rest of the team and #4 was taken on the LZ waiting for the helos. Same jungle jacket with lower pockets cut off to facilitate tucking them in. Also have standard jungle trousers by this time as the stateside cotton ones have rotted out.

post-1107-1271725623.jpg

post-1107-1271725628.jpg

post-1107-1271725633.jpg

post-1107-1271725639.jpg

Standard jungle utility uniform with a very "stylish black beret with Vietnamese Marine pin on front and black service cover EGA in the standard beret badge location. Second is my uniform about June 67 near the end of a patrol. Note the different style pf bush hat here but it has the same Viet Marine pin and EGA that I later mover to the beret. Bottom is my Viet pattern jungle camo uniform that I bought from the local indigenous personnel shop on base.

post-1107-1271726035.jpg

post-1107-1271726041.jpg

post-1107-1271726046.jpg

Shifting to the uniforms I wore in the Gulf War: Top is 5-color chocolate chips uniform that I wore about Sep-Oct 1990 while assigned to SOCCENT. Middle is another pair of chocolate chips that I wore about Nov 90 when Gerald McRainey brought his USO tour to SOCCENT. Bottom is the uniform I wore on the first day of the ground war.

post-1107-1271726367.jpg

post-1107-1271726371.jpg

post-1107-1271726376.jpg

Lastly: Top was the uniform and protective gear I wore later on the morning of the second day of the ground war after being directed to put the protective gear back on. Bottom is early on the morning of the 2nd (perhaps 3rd) day. Uniform here is stasndard 5-color with night desert parka.

post-1107-1271726617.jpg

post-1107-1271726622.jpg

Nice idea Latewatch! And I am really diggin the variety in uniforms, service and conflicts represented so far :thumbsup:

You started it!!! Or gave me the idea anyway.

You started it!!!

I seemed to have heard that more than a few times in my life. Very rarely did it have a positive connotation behind it :lol:

Here's most of mine. Only missing my Jungle OG's. Last I saw them, they were in my mothers storage shed. So no telling what or how they are these days. I know I had already shown the mannequin, but I keep adding to it as I have dug up more stuff while cleaning out the garage. Seems I hadn't thinned out the footlockers as much as I had originally thought. :blink:

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

Guest pacori

Nice uniforms you guys are showing,i only have my Royal Dutch AirForce service dress nothing special really.Wiil take some photos today to show you guys.

I dug through some old wardrobe boxes from our last move last evening and was surprised to find some of my uniform stuff in it.

This one I've had out for a while. In fact, I posted it to another thread a couple weeks (or more) ago. It's a 5-color anorak that I got when I worked with the Kuwaitis before and during the (DESERT STORM) ground war. Middle pic shows one of the Kuwaitis with the same patch sewn on his desert shirt/jacket. Bottpm is my helmet and boots.

post-1107-1271778100.jpg

post-1107-1271778105.jpg

post-1107-1271778267.jpg

Here are some of the desert uniforms I wore during deployments back to the theater in 1992/93/ and 94. I was a Major then but when I was promoted later I had the new rank sewn on the collars. Bottom pic is the combat vest I got just before leaving Somalia and only wore it twice before coming home.

post-1107-1271778458.jpg

post-1107-1271778464.jpg

post-1107-1271778501.jpg