MajGen Harry Lee, USMC, WW1 6th Reg CO

usmcaviator

usmcaviator

If you are a Marine officer, you have heard of Harry Lee, or might have wondered who Harry Lee Hall at Quantico is named after, well it is this Marine. He is the former Commanding Officer of the 6th Marine Regiment when it was battling its way through France in 1918. He was later the military governor of the Dominican Republic. Here he is with a wonderful close up shot of the often marked "Fire Bronze" cap device.
S/F,
Mike

post-22-0-05106900-1414011716.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
USMC A5 Sniper Rifle
If you are a Marine officer, you have heard of Harry Lee, or might have wondered who Harry Lee Hall at Quantico is named after, well it is this Marine. He is the former Commanding Officer of the 6th Marine Regiment when it was battling its way through France in 1918. He was later the military governor of the Dominican Republic. Here he is with a wonderful close up shot of the often marked "Fire Bronze" cap device.

S/F,

Mike

lee.jpg

Harry Lee's performance at Belleau Wood was less than spectacular, but then again, there were others like Harbord (Army) whose performance was much worse. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the picture. I believe it is the first I have seen of Lee. My favorite Marine is another Lee - Iron Man Lee! :w00t:

Jim

• 10 years later...
On 10/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, Dirk said:

Nice image Brig! Somebodies been digging around the History Division Collection :)

Nope...they actually posted it online themselves