I wonder who donated this to the Goodwill

dzandkw

Whoooaa!! Why is it I never turn up stuff like that when I rummage in charity shops!? :w00t:

Sabrejet

kyhistorian01
Whoooaa!! Why is it I never turn up stuff like that when I rummage in charity shops!? :w00t:

Sabrejet

Because Goodwill and other such thrift shops have been holding the good stuff back to auction off. The days of finding good uniforms cheap in a thrift store are over!!!

Because Goodwill and other such thrift shops have been holding the good stuff back to auction off. The days of finding good uniforms cheap in a thrift store are over!!!

Not completely over, but definitely getting tougher. There are several independent thrift stores in my area that almost always have a few military items. Usually modern, but at least enough to let you know this type of stuff is being donated. Goodwill, on the other hand, rarely has anything. Occassionally I'll find an RDF shirt or even an ERDL shirt, which I guess is close enough to BDUs that they don't know the difference, but the older & better stuff is definitely being picked out.

Bill

TrenchfootJoe66
Not completely over, but definitely getting tougher. There are several independent thrift stores in my area that almost always have a few military items. Usually modern, but at least enough to let you know this type of stuff is being donated. Goodwill, on the other hand, rarely has anything. Occassionally I'll find an RDF shirt or even an ERDL shirt, which I guess is close enough to BDUs that they don't know the difference, but the older & better stuff is definitely being picked out.

Bill

You got that right Bill ! Ive had alot of luck down in the VA Beach area lately though. That area is loaded with Thrifts and with all the military types down there you almost always come up with something. Head down there one saturday and cruise Little Creek Rd. You'll find something.

JW

Cobrahistorian

ARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!

I WAS JUST IN THAT GOODWILL LAST WEEK!!!!!

They told me that they're no longer putting military items out on the floor. I drill about 5 minutes from there...

Jon

Over the 25 years I collected military 90% of my collection came out from these places. I was lucky enough to be one who got into the people who buy wholesale all the leftover stuff the Goodwell, and all the other thrifts sell off. I have seen items like that, but not recently. There was so much great U.S. Militaria in the 80s and 90's that you just couldn't get it all. I am paying for my son's law school w/ just some of the stuff I picked up, and in those days a jacket like this one would have run you 5 to 7.00 on average. It was just a wool vintage jacket. the internet really wised up most in the rag business.