M17 Gas Mask & Bag - 1963

PvtTamura

Hey everybody, I was exploring the closet, when, out of the blue a gas mask came jumping at me! :w00t: Seriously, it came falling onto my head. So the details/ pictures, its marked M-17, but how old is it? I have no idea how long these were made, or if the mask is even original. Comments, facts, opinions, constructive criticism, all is welcome. (except recommendations about buying a reference book, if you chose that comment, please name one :thumbsup: )

post-9491-1271471956.jpg

Back of the bag, with straps. (please ignore the lines, sometimes "collection mode" finds things I'd never notice. Didn't seem to do anything this time.)

post-9491-1271472010.jpg

Your mask is unused and appears to be from 1965,this model was produced from 1959 to 1966 until it was replaced by the M17A1 which was made up until 1983 when it was replaced by the M17A2. The M17 series was replaced by the M40 in 1994. Copies of the mask were produced in Bulgaria,the former Czechoslovakia and Poland.

Well apparently, its dated '63 :). What are these worth anyway? To me its in really good shape! Normally I try not to worry to much about money, but it was free.

M-17s never really commanded a high price. Yours would typically sell for $35 to $50. Because it still has the packing on the inlets, that helps prove it was new, with that said, you could see $50 to $70 on a really good day.

M-17s never really commanded a high price. Yours would typically sell for $35 to $50. Because it still has the packing on the inlets, that helps prove it was new, with that said, you could see $50 to $70 on a really good day.

Alright, well that means its a good deal for free (to me) It'll go with the Vietnam gear.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.