Another BAR Belt

LtRGFRANK

post-551-1271436690.jpgpost-551-1271436669.jpg

Heres another of the Son's E-Bay buy. He's waiting for his plane to bring him home from Iraq so he's bored. This is a WWI Second Assist BAR Belt. Its had its four 03 rifle pouches removed and two more BAR Magazine pouches sewn on for WWII use. Robert

Now heres where he and I disagree. He say they only altered the assist's belts. I say they also took the ridflemens belt and removed the tin Buttstock bucket and 1911 clips pouches and added two pouches on the right side. Can anyone referee. If I'm right then we have another belt to find to complete our BAR Belt collection. Robert

craig_pickrall

Robert note that the belt has been modified to change the buckles as well. It has the narrow WW2 style rather than the full width WW1 style. I have a standard BAR belt (6 pocket) that had the buckle mod and it has a date stamp and maker mark for when the mod was done. It was done by Avery and it was either 1940 or 41. Check to see if your's has this stamp.

Nice belt, Robert, to say the least! :w00t: I've seen a number of Mounted Rifle Belts modified in that way, but I think that's the first "updated" B.A.R. Belt I've ever seen. Good catch- and tell your boy "THANKS" for all of us :thumbsup:

Robert note that the belt has been modified to change the buckles as well. It has the narrow WW2 style rather than the full width WW1 style. I have a standard BAR belt (6 pocket) that had the buckle mod and it has a date stamp and maker mark for when the mod was done. It was done by Avery and it was either 1940 or 41. Check to see if your's has this stamp.

Yes it has the narrow "belt" added to the back with the smaller buckles. I looked it over real good and the only extra stamp I could find was "34". Don't know if thats a code for who modified it? robert

Nice belt, Robert, to say the least! :w00t: I've seen a number of Mounted Rifle Belts modified in that way, but I think that's the first "updated" B.A.R. Belt I've ever seen. Good catch- and tell your boy "THANKS" for all of us :thumbsup:

Thanks for you warm comments. Been counting down the months, then weeks. now days, almost hours till his return. Then its counting down the months,days, hours for my other son in Afghanistan. Yes I know about the altered cartridge belts. I don't believe he has one so the hunt goes on for that one. Robert