Beverlycraft Drama

Paul S

Some things bring tears to one's eyes....whether of sympathy or mirth you can decide. See eBay item # 120554086109 which closes tomorrow.

The description reads: "You are bidding on a Sterling WW2 USAF 3" Aircrew Wings Badge MIB. made by the Beverlycraft Co. of Beverly Hills. Pin clips in perfect condition the back of the pin is marked Sterling. The other bar pins I am including with the wings because I picked them up at the same Estate sale. Buyer to pay shipping $3.50 first class mail. Please ask questions prior to bidding. Thanks for your interest. I am listing several other WW2 items and will combine shipping."

Does P.T. Barnum's or W.C. Fields' rules apply here?

post-3515-1271207504.jpg

John Cooper

Hi Paul,

I recall seeing this... my foirst thought was that somone bought a BC wing and put their graduation wing in the box... I am not sure the seller really knows. As for the second part... "a fool and his money are soon parted..." or something like that applies to the current selling price.

John

Well, the box is worth the opening bid ! ;)

Yeah, I had to write the seller to suggest she might be cruising toward problems and although I generally hold that a seller doesn't owe a buyer an education with all purchases, I do think there's a reasonable limit to what the penalty for impulsiveness should be. I suggested that she might do pretty well by listing the box and wing separately.

Does anyone know if BCraft marked the outside of their boxes to identify the wing inside...I have only one and it is not marked.

PS